unicode2CP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi,

can someone tell what is the cleanest and safest way to install legit CIA on New 3DS XL with 11.0.0-33E FW?

Best regards.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can use Soundhax to enter Homebrew Launcher, then use Fasthax in order to gain ARM11 access and then use the .3dsx version of FBI to install your legit CIAs.
But since you are on 11.0 i suggest you to directly follow the holy guide 3ds.guide in order to fully hack your system

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Soundhax to enter Homebrew Launcher, then use Fasthax in order to gain ARM11 access and then use the .3dsx version of FBI to install your legit CIAs.
But since you are on 11.0 i suggest you to directly follow the holy guide 3ds.guide in order to fully hack your system

I wouldn't recommend ONLY using hbl just hack using 3DS.guide, you can even use freeshop when you hack to get legit cias, and you can still use homebrew on a hacked system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wouldn't recommend ONLY using hbl just hack using 3DS.guide, you can even use freeshop when you hack to get legit cias, and you can still use homebrew on a hacked system.

I know, that's why I first strictly answered his answer and then suggested to fully hack his 3ds through 3ds.guide

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
You'll have alot more of a variety of games if you install Luma and a9lh onto your system with 3ds.guide. However, if you're looking for an easier way the method you're requesting, you're better off installing the hbl FBI as mentioned.

However with CFW you can use tools such as freeShop to gain pretty much most 3DS games out there but for free.

Last edited by vinstage,

unicode2CP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you guys for the answers.
Currently I decided to use easiest method by only installing legit CIA files with fasthax and FBI.
Everything went fine with this method.

But I have two more question.

Once after I run fasthax do I need to run it again after exiting to home menu and starting homebrew launcher again so I could use FBI?
And my second question is: if I install cfw by following 3ds.guide can I ever change it back to its original state like it was never been modified?

Best regards.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
And my second question is: if I install cfw by following 3ds.guide can I ever change it back to its original state like it was never been modified?
You will create a nand backup in one of the first steps, keep that backup in a safe place. If you'll ever want to restore your 3ds to unmodified state just restore that backup and you'll have clean 11.0.0 system.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Thank you guys for the answers.
Currently I decided to use easiest method by only installing legit CIA files with fasthax and FBI.
Everything went fine with this method.

But I have two more question.

Once after I run fasthax do I need to run it again after exiting to home menu and starting homebrew launcher again so I could use FBI?

Best regards.

1. Yes, you will.
2. You can restore the NAND backup you create in the ctrtransfer section of the guide.

If you do decide to use a9lh, please read through the guide a few times before attempting to do it, alot of people make mistakes, but it shouldn't be hard as the guide is pretty much noob proof.

Reactions: unicode2CP

unicode2CP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you guys.

I installed cfw by following 3ds.guide and everything went perfect without any single problem.

All your tips were very helpfull. My New 3DS seems so powerfull now and it offers so much possibilities :D

Thank you once again.

Reactions: vinstage

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guys.

I installed cfw by following 3ds.guide and everything went perfect without any single problem.

All your tips were very helpfull. My New 3DS seems so powerfull now and it offers so much possibilities :D

Thank you once again.

ALL RIGHT! get a gum! Glad everything went well!

D

Deleted User

Now you dont have to stick to legit cia, you can install any cia you want. Or download freeshop to simplify the process

unicode2CP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guys,

just one more clarification please :)

How can we be sure that we install safe CIA files? What CIA files are safe for online play? Are titles installed with CIA files updateable over Nintendo eShop, I mean on official updates like bug fixes, performance improvements etc?

I noticed on web CIA files labeled as "Region free CIA". I don't understand why I would need that because cfw (Luma3Ds) installed on my console has region free feature already?! Is that mean that these CIA files are modified and can't be safely played online?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

How can we be sure that we install safe CIA files? What CIA files are safe for online play? Are titles installed with CIA files updateable over Nintendo eShop, I mean on official updates like bug fixes, performance improvements etc?

I noticed on web CIA files labeled as "Region free CIA". I don't understand why I would need that because cfw (Luma3Ds) installed on my console has region free feature already?! Is that mean that these CIA files are modified and can't be safely played online?
All games on FreeShop are safe for online play, can be updated safely, and regrion free just means they can be installed on any console region without luma3ds's region free feature. use http://freeshop.pw/ to get cias though.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Guys,

A few commonly used suggestions;
freeShop
CIAngel
tikDevil
or using FBI and a CIA from the internet.
FBI won't allow you to install harmful CIAs also.

As for regions, it's region free, meaning the game isn't restricted by the region you choose/are.

Last edited by vinstage,

unicode2CP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
A few commonly used suggestions;
freeShop
CIAngel
tikDevil
or using FBI and a CIA from the internet.
FBI won't allow you to install harmful CIAs also.

As for regions, it's region free, meaning the game isn't restricted by the region you choose/are.

Hi,

thank you for your help.
Ciangel is what i've been looking for.

Everything is working as I was expected, except one small thing.

When I created CIA file for DSiware title and installed it with FBI, that title wasn't been visible on home screen.

What can I do now, did I do something wrong?

Last edited by unicode2CP,

Pro_Sparrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi,

thank you for your help.
Ciangel is what i've been looking for.

Everything is working as I was expected, except one small thing.

When I created CIA file for DSiware title and installed it with FBI, that title wasn't been visible on home screen.

What can I do now, did I do something wrong?
Install DSiware using freeShop, but if you want to use the .cia version of a .nds DSiware title you need to launch it via FBI

Pro_Sparrow

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can I get better explanation please, why these steps are necessary?
.nds games or apps converted to .cia CAN NOT be visible on the Home menu, you need to launch them with FBI.This will also happen if you installed something on your NAND.If you want to get a .nds game or app use TWLoader.

D

Deleted User

1. If you are total NOOB use waithax to gain A11 kernel access, then wait for 1 hr 25 min and use 3dsx version of FBI to install a Legit CIA,

2. If you are a semi-NOOB and have some knowledge about 3DS then use fasthax and follow the same instructions, just it would be lot faster say about 50 sec.

3. If you are moderate/professional at 3DS hacking follow 3ds.guide and A9LH your 3DS to get all games for free using just TIKdevil or TIKshop! Then use eshop, I don't like FREeshop that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: As He himself even stated.