Hacking "Legit" cia old 3ds xl in sysnand, gateway and sky3ds available

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear All,

Sorry for being a noobie, probably this has been repeated before.
I am a fast learner, I have installed hacks on wii, ps vita

I have the old 3ds xl with 7.2.0 sysnand and gateway with 9.9.x emunand.
I have a sky3ds (blue button) available - my friend's (he has a new 3ds 9.5.x which is with me if this helps)
I can install cia fine in gateway mode with BBM
But I found on the forums some "legit" cia and heard you can install them in sysnand. Is this valid for sysnand 4.x? Or can it be done with some exploit (OOT?)
This thread says you can install OOT exploit from the rom with sky3ds but not sure what is the end purpose https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/
Emunand in gateway works fine but too many steps to get there and wanted few installed cia games in sysnand for easy access by my son if possible

Also found this, would this do what I want? https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...d-without-gateway-and-system-transfer.382391/

Godwin_Point

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Legit cia are Cia that came bundled with the 3ds. For exemple, monster hunter 4, smash bros 4, luigi's mansion 2 etc. Search arround something like "list of legit cia" and you'll find the info : o) it depends of your region too, there were more legit cia released in europe than in the usa.

Since they are installed on a "virgin" console before being sold, they have no signature check, you can run them on any system as long as they are installed(sysnand included)

It's work as lonk as you have the minimum firmware requirement(smash 4 needs a higher firm than 4.X to run for exemple)

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks and this is what I kind of knew but how to install the legit cia? I found plenty of EU legit cias. I installed kart and 3d land legit cias in gateway mode with BBM but they do not work in sysnand (maybe these 2 games need more than 7.2?)

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My tutorial is outdated ^^
There is a lot of other (and simply) way to play cia on sysnand/Emunand now
You have to transfer the ticket of the emunand to the sysnand to be able to play you'r legit cia on it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dear All,

Sorry for being a noobie, probably this has been repeated before.
I am a fast learner, I have installed hacks on wii, ps vita

I have the old 3ds xl with 7.2.0 sysnand and gateway with 9.9.x emunand.
I have a sky3ds (blue button) available - my friend's (he has a new 3ds 9.5.x which is with me if this helps)
I can install cia fine in gateway mode with BBM
But I found on the forums some "legit" cia and heard you can install them in sysnand. Is this valid for sysnand 4.x? Or can it be done with some exploit (OOT?)
This thread says you can install OOT exploit from the rom with sky3ds but not sure what is the end purpose https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-use-oot-exploit-on-sky3ds-non-working-carts.383581/
Emunand in gateway works fine but too many steps to get there and wanted few installed cia games in sysnand for easy access by my son if possible

Also found this, would this do what I want? https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...d-without-gateway-and-system-transfer.382391/
No need to downgrade your sysNAND to 4.x if that's what you are thinking. You can just boot Gateway in sysNAND mode (from the Gateway menu hold B and the text should change to "BOOT GATEWAY SYSNAND MODE" then press A while still holding B, and use devmenu or BBM from the Gateway cart to install any legit CIA.
Also, if your NANDs are linked and you install a CIA in both emuNAND and sysNAND it will use the same files on your SD card instead of being installed twice. So you can have the legit CIA installed in both sys+emuNAND so you don't have to go back to sysNAND to play the legit CIAs if you're already in GW mode.

Thanks
Any quick tutorial for transferring the ticket?
Install the same CIA again in Gateway sysNAND mode (instructions above), it will show an error but the ticket will still be installed and the game will then be usable in sysNAND. This is assuming your NANDs are linked, otherwise you will end up with two copies of the game on your SD card (but you can just uninstall the emuNAND one)
This is also useful to avoid CIA installs being gift wrapped every time you boot into emuNAND when the NANDs are linked. As long as the ticket is installed in both NANDs it won't be gift wrapped.

Reactions: steffxxx

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what linked nand means but when I install the legit cia I gateway mode, the game icon appears in sysnand as if it sees the install dir for the game on the sd card

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They are linked.
Just do what i a said in my previous message.
But i don't know why do you want to play legit cia on you'r sysnand. You have a gateway
Too lazy to boot the gateway menu :D ?

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No need to downgrade your sysNAND to 4.x if that's what you are thinking. You can just boot Gateway in sysNAND mode (from the Gateway menu hold B and the text should change to "BOOT GATEWAY SYSNAND MODE" then press A while still holding B, and use devmenu or BBM from the Gateway cart to install any legit CIA.
Also, if your NANDs are linked and you install a CIA in both emuNAND and sysNAND it will use the same files on your SD card instead of being installed twice. So you can have the legit CIA installed in both sys+emuNAND so you don't have to go back to sysNAND to play the legit CIAs if you're already in GW mode.

Install the same CIA again in Gateway sysNAND mode (instructions above), it will show an error but the ticket will still be installed and the game will then be usable in sysNAND. This is assuming your NANDs are linked, otherwise you will end up with two copies of the game on your SD card (but you can just uninstall the emuNAND one)
This is also useful to avoid CIA installs being gift wrapped every time you boot into emuNAND when the NANDs are linked. As long as the ticket is installed in both NANDs it won't be gift wrapped.
Thanks very much this works perfectly for legit cias (but there are not many around)
Let's see now what rxtools does

steffxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
unrelated, but how would I install sysnand 9.2 update as this is the latest safest FW? I can get the sky card from my friend if this is easiest

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry for entering someone else's thread, would this described method work for me, my nand's are "un-linked"

I am wanting to install legit cia in sysNAND and was thinking of using your instructions above, thanks in advance (i am using N3DS with GW btw)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry for entering someone else's thread, would this described method work for me, my nand's are "un-linked"

I am wanting to install legit cia in sysNAND and was thinking of using your instructions above, thanks in advance (i am using N3DS with GW btw)
It will work but you will have different SD card data in sysNAND and emuNAND including CIA saves, so best to keep legit CIAs on sysNAND only and other CIAs on emuNAND.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.