Legend of Zelda Spirit Track D-Pad Patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Greiga Master, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Games Xtreme

Games Xtreme Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    I've made as you said, and the building went fine, but if I start the game it boots, shows the copyright information and then I get a black screen.:(
    And remaking the patch from scratch, even with the sourcecode, is way out of my knowledge.:sad:

2. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    what are you testing your game on? A emulator?

3. Games Xtreme

Games Xtreme Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    Nope. My Supercard DSTwo.

4. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    cool but i dont understand why didnt most people like the touch controls I 100% completed both Phantom hourglass and spirit tracks and i loved the controls

5. Greiga Master
    OP

Greiga Master Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    Well it was worth a shot but it was still a lot to hope for. It's not necessary to remake the patch from scratch only to find where the functions the patch is referencing were moved and changing the ".org"s and "bls" etc in the sourcecode. Even for US to EU everything only shifted around about 32 bytes. I can't really do this right now though since I don't have that version of the ROM and I'm focusing on another project right now.

6. Games Xtreme

Games Xtreme Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    If you need the ROM I can PN it to you or if you have a hacked WiiU you cann dump it using ddd. It's exactly the same ROM I dumped from my cartridge. ;)
    But because you are now focust on another project that can wait. :)
    If you finished that, then you can look at your sourcecode and what can be done. As of now, I wish you the best luck for your current project.:yay:

7. Games Xtreme

Games Xtreme Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    With Greiga Master's patches you have the option. You can play with or without touch controls at any given time. I found that great. Much like Animal Crossing on the Nintendo DS. That game I played frequently with touch and with buttons. Touch is good for one handed play.

8. Windfoxxy

Windfoxxy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    United States
    Does anyone have a more "in depth" guide to patching this? I've fiddled with xDelta UI for a few hours now to no success.

9. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    If I remember correctly, you need to make sure you have the exact correct rom for patching.

10. Zaiphon

Zaiphon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Mega necro.
    Anyohne solved the AP + D pad?

11. Zaiphon

Zaiphon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Bumpy Dumpy~

12. joesteve1914

joesteve1914 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 31, 2012
    United States
    Has anyone figured out how to use this with the AP patch?