legend of zelda oracles (gbc) not working

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by bamboori, Sep 19, 2011.

Sep 19, 2011
  1. bamboori
    OP

Newcomer bamboori Member

United States
    hi there!
    a while ago i got myself a chinaware handheld that emulates a bunch of old games, from nes to gba and megadrive.
    for some reason it keeps hanging itsself up after the logo in both zelda oracles for gbc.
    may that be because of some hardware check or sth when the game checks if its run on gbc or gba?
    and is there any way to avoid that except using goomba color (because it laggs like hell on that one)

if needed ill upload some video footage tomorrow.

2. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    We don't even know what the hardware is.

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    No wonder if you use some china clone. If you have a ds get a flashcart and just play it using a gbc emulator on it.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've never heard of this system, can you provide more information?

is it running games through emulation? i bet if you poke around a bit you can find out which emulators it is running and what problems those emulators have.

-another world

5. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Most of those chinese media player with emulation capability uses bad emulators (basically I'm sure they just search for the very first source code they can work on to port it on their toy).

As a result many complex games will not work on them, if you want to see, try for example Castlevania 3 on Nes, it shouldn't work.

What can you do to fix it? Hope that the manufacturer will release a firmware update (if you know the manufacturer, try to email them), but don't hold your breath, most of those manufacturer release dozens of different media player per month and never offer support for them.

Want something serious and supported (huge community)? Dingoo A320, any gamepark handheld (gp2X, Wiz, Caanoo), psp/ds is also great.

EDIT: Alternatively you may want to try another dump of your game.