granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeldaoot3dsmaller.jpg
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is almost here, with only a couple more weeks until release. Until then, you can tide yourself over with a flood of brand new footage straight from the official website. 5 minutes of gameplay, direct feed and high quality. The new footage contains plenty of child and adult Link gameplay in many of the game's environments. Also available is a compilation of all the Japanese commercials for the game so far, which contains a lot of gameplay as well. Ocarina of Time 3D is being co-developed by Grezzo and Nintendo. It's scheduled to release on the Nintendo 3DS on June 19th in the US, June 16th in Japan, June 17th in Europe, and June 30th in Australia. Until then, enjoy the flood of video below! [/p]

icon11.gif
Source #1
icon11.gif
Source #2

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
Wow, great gameplay video! But... why isn't the ocarina played with the D-Pad? That makes more sense.
I was thinking the same but maybe the use of buttons all around (L and R, ABXY) give it a better or different feel or something... I was just expecting the D-Pad because of the original using the C. Either way, it still seems fine for me. I just hope this doesn't lead to my L and R destruction like with every other DS I've had @_@

luigirulze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urff... I'm in two minds about this.

On one hand, Ocarina of Time is fucking awesome, and definitely deserves a remake, and it being portable console and not looking terrible is an awesome bonus.

On the other hand, it just seems too... remade, if that isn't the most ironic statement ever. What I'm getting at is, though the updated character models and interface look neat, the rest of the game looks like it was just copied wholesale from the original. I mean, they even used the exact same music and sound effects. I know that's sorta the whole point of a remake, but there's no reason you can'ti improve on the original. Look at super mario 64 DS, that was one of the first games out on the DS, and it saw fit to include 3 new characters with different abilities, 30 new stars, a few more levels and a small multiplayer mode on top of the original game.

Yes, I know that game is a port, but thats even more reason OOT3D should have at least a few new ideas. IIRC, it was built from the ground up for the 3DS, a console with more powerful hardware than the DS and the remakes in question came from the same console. I mean, at the very least they could have updated it with more orchestrated music and new sound effects or something. It just seems like wasted effort to me...

Also, that slingshot animation looks kinda buggy and something about the way Link jumps now just... annoys me, but hey, that's nitpicking

All flaming aside, I love OOT and pretty much every Zelda game ever made and am still 100% psyched about this, I'll definitely be getting a copy once Australian game retailers stop being dicks and feel like releasng the 3DS and its games for less than a small fortune... And judging by the way 3DS sales are apparently dropping, this might be sooner rather than later (heh, suuuuure...)

Oh, and just in case you couldn't tell, or were in a TL;DR mood and only picked up the flame-y parts of my post... I don't dislike the game, or despise Nintendo or Grezzo's efforts. It's awesome that they're reviving an absolute gem... I just can't help but feel it's less a "revive" and more of a "rehash". This is also just my opinion, don't hate me for it.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
FrozenIndignation said:
luigirulze said:
Also, that slingshot animation looks kinda buggy and something about the way Link jumps now just... annoys me, but hey, that's nitpicking
I agree... sure its nitpick, but it looks so... odd...

You know, I came here to make that exact comment.

I don't much care for the splayed arms when jumping.

luigirulze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
regnad said:
FrozenIndignation said:
luigirulze said:
I agree... sure its nitpick, but it looks so... odd...

You know, I came here to make that exact comment.

I don't much care for the splayed arms when jumping.

Yeah, I think thats what annoys me, he stretches his arms and legs out like he's taking a great leap of faith or something. I mean, I can sorta understand it when jumping from a great height, but a little gap like that?

Oh, and that little delay after he lands -I'm not sure if I'm the only one who picked that up, I could be imagining it- bugs the absolute hell out of me, too.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks as great as ever to play, but I do find it annoying that the river there still looks blocky. When Link's jumping across the platforms at the start of the video it all looks a bit too squared off. I'd have preferred if they'd put a bit of effort into making the environments look a bit more natural. I could forgive the N64 version looking blocky like that but it looks out of place now. I doubt I'll notice once I start playing but it's something they really should have fixed IMHO.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder how the 3D effects will look
biggrin.gif
. More eye popping stuff hopefully. BUT PLEASE I dont want Navi in my face lol.

Looks good
smile.gif
. Just a couple of weeks to go lol.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can't fucking wait.

But I'll have to. I'm still $100 away from my 3DS and the game.

luigirulze said:
Look at super mario 64 DS, that was one of the first games out on the DS, and it saw fit to include 3 new characters with different abilities, 30 new stars, a few more levels and a small multiplayer mode on top of the original game.
Except Super Mario 64 isn't pretty much unanimously considered the best game of all time. Fanboys would hate if big changes were made. That's why it doesn't even have that much of a graphical update.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Waaaaa!
ohmy.gif

And the whole time I thought OoT wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be
closedeyes.gif
. This video definately changed my mind.
yay.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the bottom screen dims when you hit a time activated switch or when you unlock a door. It's the small things that count, for me. It looks fantastic - I can't wait to play it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tho I didn't watch the whole vid...

It looks pretty nice (even if it isn't the most the 3DS can do, which I'm not worry because the probably will make one just for the 3DS that will) and I'm even more hyped.
tongue.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the new look, and I really liked how Link's movements were more natural and fluent.

That being said, am I the only one who doesn't seem to notice improved audio?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
_Chaz_ said:
I like the new look, and I really liked how Link's movements were more natural and fluent.

That being said, am I the only one who doesn't seem to notice improved audio?

Did Nintendo ever say that the audio would be improved?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche