Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D new footage

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, Jun 2, 2011.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    [​IMG]
    Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is almost here, with only a couple more weeks until release. Until then, you can tide yourself over with a flood of brand new footage straight from the official website. 5 minutes of gameplay, direct feed and high quality. The new footage contains plenty of child and adult Link gameplay in many of the game's environments. Also available is a compilation of all the Japanese commercials for the game so far, which contains a lot of gameplay as well. Ocarina of Time 3D is being co-developed by Grezzo and Nintendo. It's scheduled to release on the Nintendo 3DS on June 19th in the US, June 16th in Japan, June 17th in Europe, and June 30th in Australia. Until then, enjoy the flood of video below! [/p]

Zelda Ocarina of Time Japanese Commercial Compilation Video
    [​IMG] Source #1
    [​IMG] Source #2

2. Zekrom_cool

Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

Apr 17, 2011
    India
    Heaven [N's Castle]
    The videos are very good. But the commercials are in Japenese so I am not getting a word.

3. DryYoshi

DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Mar 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    Yoshi's Island
    Wow, great gameplay video! But... why isn't the ocarina played with the D-Pad? That makes more sense.

4. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    I was thinking the same but maybe the use of buttons all around (L and R, ABXY) give it a better or different feel or something... I was just expecting the D-Pad because of the original using the C. Either way, it still seems fine for me. I just hope this doesn't lead to my L and R destruction like with every other DS I've had @_@

5. luigirulze

luigirulze Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Urff... I'm in two minds about this.

On one hand, Ocarina of Time is fucking awesome, and definitely deserves a remake, and it being portable console and not looking terrible is an awesome bonus.

On the other hand, it just seems too... remade, if that isn't the most ironic statement ever. What I'm getting at is, though the updated character models and interface look neat, the rest of the game looks like it was just copied wholesale from the original. I mean, they even used the exact same music and sound effects. I know that's sorta the whole point of a remake, but there's no reason you can'ti improve on the original. Look at super mario 64 DS, that was one of the first games out on the DS, and it saw fit to include 3 new characters with different abilities, 30 new stars, a few more levels and a small multiplayer mode on top of the original game.

Yes, I know that game is a port, but thats even more reason OOT3D should have at least a few new ideas. IIRC, it was built from the ground up for the 3DS, a console with more powerful hardware than the DS and the remakes in question came from the same console. I mean, at the very least they could have updated it with more orchestrated music and new sound effects or something. It just seems like wasted effort to me...

Also, that slingshot animation looks kinda buggy and something about the way Link jumps now just... annoys me, but hey, that's nitpicking

All flaming aside, I love OOT and pretty much every Zelda game ever made and am still 100% psyched about this, I'll definitely be getting a copy once Australian game retailers stop being dicks and feel like releasng the 3DS and its games for less than a small fortune... And judging by the way 3DS sales are apparently dropping, this might be sooner rather than later (heh, suuuuure...)

Oh, and just in case you couldn't tell, or were in a TL;DR mood and only picked up the flame-y parts of my post... I don't dislike the game, or despise Nintendo or Grezzo's efforts. It's awesome that they're reviving an absolute gem... I just can't help but feel it's less a "revive" and more of a "rehash". This is also just my opinion, don't hate me for it.

6. FrozenIndignation

FrozenIndignation Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad

GBAtemp Patron
    FrozenIndignation is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 10, 2010
    Antarctica
    Wherever Yakity sax plays
    I agree... sure its nitpick, but it looks so... odd...

7. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    You know, I came here to make that exact comment.

I don't much care for the splayed arms when jumping.

8. luigirulze

luigirulze Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Yeah, I think thats what annoys me, he stretches his arms and legs out like he's taking a great leap of faith or something. I mean, I can sorta understand it when jumping from a great height, but a little gap like that?

Oh, and that little delay after he lands -I'm not sure if I'm the only one who picked that up, I could be imagining it- bugs the absolute hell out of me, too.

9. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Looks as great as ever to play, but I do find it annoying that the river there still looks blocky. When Link's jumping across the platforms at the start of the video it all looks a bit too squared off. I'd have preferred if they'd put a bit of effort into making the environments look a bit more natural. I could forgive the N64 version looking blocky like that but it looks out of place now. I doubt I'll notice once I start playing but it's something they really should have fixed IMHO.

10. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    I wonder how the 3D effects will look [​IMG]. More eye popping stuff hopefully. BUT PLEASE I dont want Navi in my face lol.

Looks good [​IMG]. Just a couple of weeks to go lol.

11. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

Oct 21, 2005
    United States
    Far East of Eden
    I hardly recognize this game when it runs at a decent framerate.

12. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Can't fucking wait.

But I'll have to. I'm still $100 away from my 3DS and the game.

Except Super Mario 64 isn't pretty much unanimously considered the best game of all time. Fanboys would hate if big changes were made. That's why it doesn't even have that much of a graphical update.

13. Smartpal

Smartpal The Guitar Guy

Feb 10, 2009
    India
    New Delhi, India
    This is the only game I want to buy a 3DS for right now.

14. Daidude

Daidude The genius

Apr 7, 2010
    somewhere
    Waaaaa! [​IMG]

And the whole time I thought OoT wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be [​IMG] . This video definately changed my mind. [​IMG]

15. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    I love how the bottom screen dims when you hit a time activated switch or when you unlock a door. It's the small things that count, for me. It looks fantastic - I can't wait to play it.

16. Paarish

Paarish Connor's Nublet

Aug 26, 2009
    Married to DinohScene
    I haven't played the original so I can't appreciate the updated graphics and gameplay. But I'm still very excited for this [​IMG]

17. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Tho I didn't watch the whole vid...

It looks pretty nice (even if it isn't the most the 3DS can do, which I'm not worry because the probably will make one just for the 3DS that will) and I'm even more hyped. [​IMG]

18. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I like the new look, and I really liked how Link's movements were more natural and fluent.

That being said, am I the only one who doesn't seem to notice improved audio?

19. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Did Nintendo ever say that the audio would be improved?

20. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    From what I read recently, the audio's quality was updated for the 3DS but it's pretty much the same tunes except for 1 unnamed track which has been orchestrated.