Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D coming June 2011

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At Iwata's keynote speech today, many things were announced. One includes the release date of the 3DS remake of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Along with a few new screenshots, the game has been confirmed to be released in June, putting it near the E3 conference. This is assumed to be Japan's date, a US date is unknown. Perhaps simultaneously though. Enjoy some high quality new screens posted of adult Link and Sheik, showing off the visual upgrade in style. Character models are far more detailed (their fingers are even fingers this time and not individual blocks). Please check even more screenshots below, though note that they are upscaled in a way that makes the resolution seem higher and the jaggies more prominent. [/p]
More screenshots-
zelda_ot3D_01.jpg

zelda_ot3D_02.jpg

zelda_ot3D_03.jpg

zelda_ot3D_04.jpg

zelda_ot3D_05.jpg
icon11.gif
Source

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, finally. Some screens of adult Link gameplay. Game is looking better every time I see it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll also note that a lot of people have bashed the graphics as not that much better than the original. In some cases, that's correct, but then i see awesome shots like this-

zelda_ot3D_04.jpg

That looks like Gamecube-tier to me. At least in terms of quality. Resolution will be lower of course, but the detail still shines through. I can now tell how much effort was put into the game's art style.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
My pants are wet now.

I'm really looking forward to this and I'm glad adult Link doesn't look as feminine as young Link.

It's a must buy for me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The image is a little massive on the main portal and doesn't scale down, just a little FYI.

Meh, I was kinda impressed with the graphics when I first saw Link but now they look about equal to when they did the Perfect Dark remake on the XBLA. It's not bad looking and it's not like you play the game for the graphics, but I was expecting more.

Still not really a reason to buy the 3DS personally.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I really hope the final version has better environment textures. The grass doesn't look very good.

Everything else looks fine/nice, it's just that grass texture in the first picture.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is the only reason I'm buying the 3DS. That and the new Mario that was announced today.

(Maybe buying it for a little AR, too)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I'll also note that a lot of people have bashed the graphics as not that much better than the original. In some cases, that's correct, but then i see awesome shots like this-
I really think these graphics are beautiful. The first screens from it's announcement were much worse too.

I can't waaaaaaaait any longer.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I don't care too much if the graphics are updated or the same as the N64, this game is a dream come true. I remember when the DS first came out and they made Mario 64 DS and the first thing I thought was "ZELDA 64 DS!!!!!" I even tried to figure out how to work the N64 to DS button ratio. Ths dream shall soon come true, and it's looking better than I could have hoped for! Well worth the wait.

D

Deleted_171835

The game looks lovely.
I'm glad it'll be getting released soon. The 3DS doesn't have many good games coming out before June 2011.
yay.gif

6HyPeR9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Link model looks like it was ripped from SSBM.
Though graphics are nothing to gameplay.
I suppose I'll get this anyways.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The visual improvements are nice, but they seem to be inconsistent. The character models contrast too starkly with the environments, in my opinion.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what i am expecting and wanting of the next new pokemon game on the 3ds i am sick of the top down view i want to be level with the trees and see the pokemon walking around and be able to walk up to them to battle them not random encounters all the time. I mean i would still expect random encounters for special pokemon and other stuff but i want to not have the top down view anymore and i hope they do the next pokemon like this game cause it looks epic.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer4life said:
This is what i am expecting and wanting of teh next new pokemon game on the 3ds i am sick of teh top down view i want to be level with th trees and see teh pokemon walking around an dbe able to walk up to them to battle thme not random encounters all teh time. I mean i would still expect random encounters for special pokemon and other stuff but i want to not have the top down view anymore an di hope they do the next pokemon like this game cause it looks epic.

A) This isn't about Pokemon. It's about Zelda.
B) Those are terrible ideas. Pokemon is good because it's simple.

Back on topic thought, um, personally I'd just like this on the Wii or whatever more than a handheld. That's just me.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if it has anything extra besides graphics? Kinda like Mario 64 DS

Either way I'm purchasing it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    haven't seen both
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: haven't seen both