Gaming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gameplay Discussion (will contain spoilers)

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone complete these quests

- Sign of the Shadow
- The Crowned Beast

Also I'm looking for Shard of Farosh's Horn. I've shot that dragon but all he drops is a scale. Where else am I suppose to get it from?

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Whaaaaat? Is it possible? I knew you could guard against it wasting your shield, you can also stasis it and get more time to shoot.

Did anyone find out how to handle the spiky vines?

Set the spiky vines on fire ? ;3 LOL I know, simple right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

- Sign of the Shadow
- The Crowned Beast

Also I'm looking for Shard of Farosh's Horn. I've shot that dragon but all he drops is a scale. Where else am I suppose to get it from?
The crowned beast requires you to mount a Deer buck and take it to that pedestal.
since we're beyond spoilers here lol you can mount A LOT of animals, you just can'tregister them ;)

Last edited by NeroAngelo,

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I believe that shrine has a metal bowl at the bottom of the water. Use your magnet ability to pick it up and lift one of the balls into the fenced off area then move it fast to make the ball fall out. The second part is the same as the first except it's fenced in the top and to open it there is a weight switch at the bottom of the pool. Put a ball on top of the cage and then put the bowl on the weight switch. The top will open and the ball will fall in the socket.

LoL, I golfed the balls into the cages with the kinetic energy. I thought I couldn't finish the shrine without weapons. cuz I ended up breaking them before I could finish the shrine. thanx for this bowl reveal! :D

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

- Sign of the Shadow
- The Crowned Beast

For Sign of Shadow you need to shoot an arrow when shadow of the shadow falls on the "circle" (glows at the right moment i think it was around 3 PM)
for Crowned Beast you need to mount a Deer and ride to the circle

Does someone know how to solve the Bloodmoon Song quest :) ?

Last edited by nIxx,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Set the spiky vines on fire ? ;3 LOL I know, simple right?

The crowned beast requires you to mount a Deer buck and take it to that pedestal.
since we're beyond spoilers here lol you can mount A LOT of animals, you just can'tregister them ;)
You can relax about the spoilers since I covered it with the title of this thread.

I'm very upset the Lord of the Mountain cannot be registered.

For Sign of Shadow you need to shoot an arrow when shadow of the shadow falls on the "circle" (glows at the right moment i think it was around 3 PM)
for Crowned Beast you need to mount a Deer and ride to the circle
ok but what am I aiming at exactly? Am I expected to hit the plate from the tower at the moment the shadow is cast?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok but what am I aiming at exactly? Am I expected to hit the plate from the tower at the moment the shadow is cast?
Almost its the other way around ^^. Stay on the plate and shoot an arrow in direction of the Towers tip. If i remember correctly it was at 3:30PM ;)

There is a similar one where the bird people live that kind of sucked because the draw distance for the shadow wasnt enough so at the beginning i wasnt really sure when to shoot.

Last edited by nIxx,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I completed the Battle shrines and they're particularly easy. All three of them. I was surprised since everyone over the internet was saying that they were too hard.

Granted, you need to cook the right food and getting there two powerful weapons and a few weak ones. There's a place near Hyrule Castle with a powerful flame sword that does wonders in the extreme battle shrine. Also electric rod and arrows.

Fun fact: I completed them from extreme to basic, the weapons dropped from the guardian of the Extreme shrine are a wonderful reward.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many heart containers from bosses are there in the game? Is it just the 4 from the divine beast temples and thats it?

I just dont want to upgrade my hearts too much and then I cant pick them up from the bosses.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
How many heart containers from bosses are there in the game? Is it just the 4 from the divine beast temples and thats it?

I just dont want to upgrade my hearts too much and then I cant pick them up from the bosses.

AFAIK, only 4 from bosses, and you can't go back if you get out w/o picking them.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, only 4 from bosses, and you can't go back if you get out w/o picking them.
I dont understand the last part you said. Are you saying its impossible to leave the boss room without picking up the heart container. If thats the case then the game would literally be unplayable if someone were to get 30 hearts from spirit orb upgrades.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont understand the last part you said. Are you saying its impossible to leave the boss room without picking up the heart container. If thats the case then the game would literally be unplayable if someone were to get 30 hearts from spirit orb upgrades.

I'm saying that if you exit the boss room without the heart container, you can't get back to pick it.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Basically, the moment you leave the Divine beast 'Dungeon" whatever you missed inside is gone for good.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How many bosses did you guys find (aside from the Divine Beast and the ones inside them)?

I just found Hinox, a Skeleton Hinox and a big stone guy. Also, I don't know if it counts as a boss, but there was that Minotaur in the top of the hill near Zora's Domain (where you get the Shock Arrows).

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shooting fire arrows on them didn't work for me. There is a shrine surrounded by them in the Zora/Central area, i got there gliding from a mountain.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did anyone find any quests that are more complex, like the old trade quests or Majora's Mask ones?

Even the crowned beast is simple (i was thinking of a king skeleton boss that appear at night or something) and the ceremonial trident, that I thought that went downstream is just below the very bridge if fell of.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did anyone find any quests that are more complex, like the old trade quests or Majora's Mask ones?

Even the crowned beast is simple (i was thinking of a king skeleton boss that appear at night or something) and the ceremonial trident, that I thought that went downstream is just below the very bridge if fell of.

To be honest, I didn't like the quests of this game very much. On the other hand, at least they were short enough to keep me from get bored.

The only thing I really disliked was the lack of "traditional" dungeons. I mean, I liked the divine beast ones but they didn't have a puzzle and discovery feeling that the other games had on theirs.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be honest, I didn't like the quests of this game very much. On the other hand, at least they were short enough to keep me from get bored.

The only thing I really disliked was the lack of "traditional" dungeons. I mean, I liked the divine beast ones but they didn't have a puzzle and discovery feeling that the other games had on theirs.
While I do miss the traditional dungeons, we got WAY more puzzles to solve with the Shrines. Each Shrine could almost be the major setpiece room of a dungeon and some of the puzzles can get a bit tricky. I found it to be a much more rewarding experience. Traditional dungeons have a lot of grind and backtracking. Dodge this thing, fight this enemy, light that torch. Good in traditional Zelda games, but in a game where we're already trekking back and forth across a HUGE map, fighting enemies and solving Shrines or Korok Seed Puzzles along the way... A full-blown dungeon in BotW would feel super-grindy.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
While I do miss the traditional dungeons, we got WAY more puzzles to solve with the Shrines. Each Shrine could almost be the major setpiece room of a dungeon and some of the puzzles can get a bit tricky. I found it to be a much more rewarding experience. Traditional dungeons have a lot of grind and backtracking. Dodge this thing, fight this enemy, light that torch. Good in traditional Zelda games, but in a game where we're already trekking back and forth across a HUGE map, fighting enemies and solving Shrines or Korok Seed Puzzles along the way... A full-blown dungeon in BotW would feel super-grindy.

I understand what you're saying and I partially agree with it. I also see the shrines as a mini-dungeon, but at least they could have done something different with some of them, like making one bigger with 10 or so puzzles giving you 3 orbs in reward.

Or at least they could have made one traditional dungeon in the Hyrule Castle.

And for the grindy part, I don't know about you, but after a while, I felt that everything in the game became grindy. I got to a point that I couldn't stand any more shrines or korok or anything, so I went directly to Hyrule Castle to finish the whole thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game