Legend of Zelda 2 - Link no Bouken (FDS)

• Thread starter Deleted-236924
  • Start date
  • Views 3,517
  • Replies 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-236924

OP
I have started playing the Japanese version of Adventure of Link on FDS, but whenever I reach those locations that should normally hold a Heart Container, a Magic Jar or an important quest item (Example: The trophy in the cave at the north), they aren't there.

This is problematic, because without the trophy, I cannot get the Jump spell and progress (And without heart containers or magic upgrades, the game would be pretty hard.)

Edit: Solved the problem.
To anyone having the same problem, you're going to have to find a download elsewhere.
Out of three rom sites I tried, only one of them had a correct dump of the game.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear it was an issue with the rom dump. I searched around for an hour after seeing this topic originally and couldn't find anyone else describing the issues you were having, so a bad dump was the highest possibility to me. I probably should have posted saying as much... >_>

What might have happened is that your bad dump starts the game as if you've already beaten the game once. I've learned that the FDS version lets you replay the game after you've beaten it but all major items are removed since you've already gotten them. Like the "New Game+" mode of Chrono Trigger.

D

Deleted-236924

OP
I find it alot easier than the US version since you can have lvl 8 weapon by the time you get to the first palace boss.
Doing that is not recommended, because if you get a game over, your attack level would go back to 1 unless you leveled up both Magic and Health to 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte