Legend of Zelda 2 - Link no Bouken (FDS)

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Ammako, Nov 13, 2011.

Nov 13, 2011
  1. Ammako
    OP

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I have started playing the Japanese version of Adventure of Link on FDS, but whenever I reach those locations that should normally hold a Heart Container, a Magic Jar or an important quest item (Example: The trophy in the cave at the north), they aren't there.

This is problematic, because without the trophy, I cannot get the Jump spell and progress (And without heart containers or magic upgrades, the game would be pretty hard.)

Edit: Solved the problem.
    To anyone having the same problem, you're going to have to find a download elsewhere.
    Out of three rom sites I tried, only one of them had a correct dump of the game.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    I find it alot easier than the US version since you can have lvl 8 weapon by the time you get to the first palace boss.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Good to hear it was an issue with the rom dump. I searched around for an hour after seeing this topic originally and couldn't find anyone else describing the issues you were having, so a bad dump was the highest possibility to me. I probably should have posted saying as much... >_>

What might have happened is that your bad dump starts the game as if you've already beaten the game once. I've learned that the FDS version lets you replay the game after you've beaten it but all major items are removed since you've already gotten them. Like the "New Game+" mode of Chrono Trigger.

4. Ammako
    OP

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Doing that is not recommended, because if you get a game over, your attack level would go back to 1 unless you leveled up both Magic and Health to 8.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    I'm use doing it like a speed run. I can spend 20 hours and not get hit once.

So getting hear tcontainers and magic containers is more or less optional for me.