Legend of Legacy Coming to Europe in 2016

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Nathan Drake, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Nathan Drake
    OP

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    ltWQewJl.jpg

You may recall that the JRPG The Legend of Legacy was announced for a Fall 2015 release in North America just last month for the 3DS. You may also recall the name ATLUS being involved, and a lack of news about the European release. This may be giving some of you terrible flashbacks to long delays, incredibly long delays, for the European releases of various games. Well, get prepared for another one, as even though the game is coming to Europe, it's currently coming at an unspecified time in 2016.

Let's all hope that maybe it will end up being early 2016 and not Winter 2016 like some sites are saying.

:arrow: Source

2. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Saw this at E3 this year. Actually looked like fun, but that's just me, probably....

3. Nathan Drake
    OP

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    It's not that the game doesn't look interesting to me. I suppose the game just doesn't look like anything special. That and I hate the art style with a passion.

KingVamp likes this.
  4. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    The title though, uurgh, it's really unoriginal.

5. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    The title art looks like it's a sequel to 'The Last Story'.

VinsCool likes this.
  6. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I really don't understand why Atlus doesn't have a European branch.
    Nisa, ironically having America in the name, always has to take care of us instead.

Skelletonike and Pablitox like this.
  7. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Atlus will probably do their usual "FU" to europe and make it eshop-only... when it's eventually released :angry:

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    God, that's a stupid title. Goes to show how creative JRPG "developers" are these days.

9. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Lol I am pretty sure that style is here to stay even for the next handheld. I personally have no problem with it.

10. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Guess that depends on the rendering resolution of nintendo's next system

11. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Its all about the game play w/ me, I never understood the meaning behind "bravely default" but the story and gameplay was damn good for a portable system. I have to say Nintendo might have it hard now that we have decent phones with spectacular screens and games coming out for smart phones. If developers start including android and ios than it will be about who gets the new releases first.

12. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    That has nothing to do with it. It's a design choice, not a hardware limitation.

KingVamp and XrosBlader821 like this.
  13. Steena

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    That would be quite the striking coincidence, especially considering some specific franchises and their multi-platform releases.

14. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Well the 3DS is primarily meant for children so the chibi aesthetic makes sense there the most.
    If it was due hardware limitations games like Monster Hunter, resident evil revelations, MGS3 or even Kid icarus Uprising wouldn't exist on the 3DS.

15. Steena

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Well, you kinda mentioned four titles there. I am not saying non-chibi is physically impossible on 240p, I'm saying aesthetic is a decision in which things like resolution ARE FACTORED in, among others.

Which they clearly are if you ever read stories from (famous) game designers, including miyamoto's super mario design. Chibi is usually associated with low texture detail and has simplified, more rotund/less narrow body shapes, which is something that helps recognition when your resolution is very poor (rendering thin strands of hair and limbs resulting in a blurry mess of pixels). It's why MH looks horrendous on the 3DS/PSP compared to emulator, whereas you can compare a game like wind waker or dragon quest 8 (this one not because of a chibi artstyle but its use of "anime-like" simplified textures) inherently suffering much less from that issue.

You could also compare the slight difference in style with the rune factory titles between Wii and (3)DS. I'm certain both of those systems/games are targeted towards the same exact crowd yet their character designs were still changed. Probably because it just fit better with each hardware, or so they felt.

Same goes for spriting. Try asking any good sprite artist if they're better off going chibi or 'realistic' on very low resolution works compared to high resolution.

But sure, target audience and everything must matter too.

16. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    SignZ likes this.
  17. RichHomieSupreme

RichHomieSupreme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2015
    United States
    Is this game going to be eshop only, or will it get a physical release?

18. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    they can call it "teh rpg" for all I care.. there's a dearth of good rpgs recently anyway