Legend of Kay DS trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally some footage of Legend of Kay DS! It seems to be a fully 3D platformer, and shares the same level design as its PS2 sibling. Downscaled to DS of course since DS can't compare to the PS2 in 3D, but it looks pretty standard and has competent graphics. All i see here is platforming so far though, i hope they retained the action adventuring inspired by Zelda. Have a look below for gameplay-

This game had been looking like vaporware for a while. But now that we have some REAL gameplay from the DS version and not just PS2 screens to throw us off, we'll probably finally get it. Coming June 7th in the US unless they delay it again. I'm not sure i'll be interested, but i want to compare the gameplay to the PS2 version and see how well they did on the conversion. If they can replicate it, i'd be impressed. So we'll see.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow, the graphics look about as crisp as those of the PS2 version!
biggrin.gif
Maybe that's just because the gameplay vids are downscaled, but the graphics still look great! And as you already said, hopefully the gameplay of the PS2 version will not have been altered
biggrin.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The textures, 3D models, and environmental effects all look less detailed. With environmental details, i mean stuff like grass waving in the wind, trees, etc. They removed a lot of the little details within levels and made it look more vacant. On the upside, it seems to run at a solid framerate. The PS2 game had some considerable framerate drops occasionally, and ran at an overall less smooth pace.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be the best looking DS game ever but until I know how it plays I really still don't give a shit about it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Gaydrian said i agree with. Although if it's anything near the PS2 game, it should be pretty good. Legend of Kay is quite a good adventure/platformer. No one knew about it though, or very few.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Funny how in some of tiny gameplay vids there show the developer doubting when to jump or pressing the d-pad very lightly so the character moves just a tiny bit to jump to the desired location, shouldn't the developer be pros at their own games?
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still baffled by this game and how games like this even manage to get steam to see such a port get finalized. I mean...Legend of Kay? Not that the original version wasn't good, but talk about overlooked and forgotten.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.