Legend of Kay DS trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010

Legend of Kay DS trailer by granville at 9:27 PM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Finally some footage of Legend of Kay DS! It seems to be a fully 3D platformer, and shares the same level design as its PS2 sibling. Downscaled to DS of course since DS can't compare to the PS2 in 3D, but it looks pretty standard and has competent graphics. All i see here is platforming so far though, i hope they retained the action adventuring inspired by Zelda. Have a look below for gameplay-

This game had been looking like vaporware for a while. But now that we have some REAL gameplay from the DS version and not just PS2 screens to throw us off, we'll probably finally get it. Coming June 7th in the US unless they delay it again. I'm not sure i'll be interested, but i want to compare the gameplay to the PS2 version and see how well they did on the conversion. If they can replicate it, i'd be impressed. So we'll see.

2. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Hell yeah, slow YT streaming...
    Gameplay looks good. I'll arrrrrrrr get this one...

3. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Wow, the graphics look about as crisp as those of the PS2 version! [​IMG] Maybe that's just because the gameplay vids are downscaled, but the graphics still look great! And as you already said, hopefully the gameplay of the PS2 version will not have been altered [​IMG]

4. granville
    OP

United States
    The textures, 3D models, and environmental effects all look less detailed. With environmental details, i mean stuff like grass waving in the wind, trees, etc. They removed a lot of the little details within levels and made it look more vacant. On the upside, it seems to run at a solid framerate. The PS2 game had some considerable framerate drops occasionally, and ran at an overall less smooth pace.

5. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    I loved the one on the PS2, can't wait for this one to be released

6. Giratina3

Member Giratina3 Official Lilac of GBATemp

United Kingdom
    Oh my god, an actual trailer! nice find granville, looks good, i will play this when its out [​IMG]

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It can be the best looking DS game ever but until I know how it plays I really still don't give a shit about it.

8. granville
    OP

United States
    What Gaydrian said i agree with. Although if it's anything near the PS2 game, it should be pretty good. Legend of Kay is quite a good adventure/platformer. No one knew about it though, or very few.

9. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Funny how in some of tiny gameplay vids there show the developer doubting when to jump or pressing the d-pad very lightly so the character moves just a tiny bit to jump to the desired location, shouldn't the developer be pros at their own games? [​IMG].

10. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I'm still baffled by this game and how games like this even manage to get steam to see such a port get finalized. I mean...Legend of Kay? Not that the original version wasn't good, but talk about overlooked and forgotten.

11. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Release date 11/06/2010

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i wish all good named titles (gta etc) should have such a theme on the DS... this game is looking very well done and hopefully no problems on release