Legend of Kage 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by docoweatpie, Oct 10, 2008.

Oct 10, 2008

Legend of Kage 2 by docoweatpie at 11:17 PM (1,719 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. docoweatpie

docoweatpie Newbie

Anyone else picked up this game? It seems like not much people know about it, buts its a great game. The game plays like a Contra game but with ninjas, and it's nothing like its prequel. The cool aspect about this game is that you can create your own ninjutsu spells. You get a grid where you arrange a formation of elemental orbs to create spells. You get to choose two characters to play: Kage and Chihiro. You literally can jump as high as the mountains and can do air dash. You can also unlock art galleries, boss rush mode and hard mode.

2. Absynthe

Member Absynthe GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    There are also unlockable skills, and I think this game is pretty cool. Played the first three missions for now, and I'm enjoying it.

3. aznvienna

Member aznvienna GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Picked up? wats that? [​IMG]

well yea, i heard this game was good but short
    4 hours infact
    but it doesnt really matter to me when its free [​IMG]

4. MyauChanDesu

Member MyauChanDesu Kamineko is GOD.

Australia
    Loved the first one, definitely playing the second one.

5. docoweatpie

docoweatpie Newbie

Erhm.. I wouldn't say its "free" when you want support the game company. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to be bragging about pirating games.

6. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, Contra definitely came immediately to mind when playing the game. I also thought Castlevania, but the graphics are definitely SNES quality. Fun game, though. Tough. Not as tough as Contra 4, but definitely harder than either of the DS Castlevania games. The bosses here are especially challenging, since you don't have any healing items. But the forgiving check-point system makes it work. Gets a little repetitive jumping, slashing, etc., but still fun.

As an aside, I think I'm almost done with the game, but I've yet to figure out a way to change positions when you're climbing along ceilings. Is there any way to climb up further along a wall once you reach the horizontal end of a ceiling, or can you merely jump down? [​IMG]

7. docoweatpie

docoweatpie Newbie

I'm pretty sure you have to drop off from the ceiling then quickly move to the wall.

8. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I think they are a bit better than SNES quality. Maybe even Neogeo quality. At least close.

9. gunstarblue

Newcomer gunstarblue Member

Sweden
    I didn't find it very good. All I did was holding the D-pad right, running through the level and slicing my sword once an enemy appears. I never had to stop.

10. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, you can definitely do that. However...in doing so, you pass up orbs that you find along the way, which you'll need to make ninjutsu outside of chapters. Also, by engaging in combat, you earn skills at the end of a given chapter by completing various objectives. In the end, you'll want those things, since it's the game's bosses that pose the biggest challenge. Some of them are quite easy, and some of them are really, really difficult. So, there's incentive to not just blast through levels.

11. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I blasted through half the game (after I realized you could) in the japanese version. I didn't know about orbs and stuff, but I still beat the game regardless.