Legal RB DLC, USB Loader RB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spiderjjr45, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009

Legal RB DLC, USB Loader RB by spiderjjr45 at 4:59 PM (1,254 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. spiderjjr45
    OP

Newcomer spiderjjr45 Member

United States
    So I'm thinking of buying some new songs from the Rock Band Store for my new Beatles Rock Band, but I've heard how cracked DLC doesn't work with the USB Loader. Because I am using a USB Loader for Beatles Rock Band, I wanna know if legal, bought DLC will work with it, as opposed to the illegal, cracked DLC.

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Nobody said it doesn't work...you can only load the DLC from the NAND/Wii Memory, and not save and load it from SD, that's all. But I don't think you have much space left, right?

Reason: The cIOS doesn't know how to handle the SD proberly, and this won't be fixed in the next time, I guess. Sneekv2 should solve this when it's out, because then your SDHC Card IS the NAND.

(Btw: There's no real difference between DLC and "cracked" DLC...only that the cracked one is illegal. So my answer counts for both.)

3. hellohey

Member hellohey GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    don't you just run it with a different cios -.-'?

4. Arek1985

Newcomer Arek1985 Advanced Member

United States
    Unfortunately at this time no CIOS supports storing to the SD properly as Blue-K as said. Now to get the instruments to work one can use Hermes Cios-222, but at this time it does not fix removing the song from the nand after playing.

Now when Sneekv2 is out then yes that will change everything.

5. transam81

Member transam81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    any word on the release date for Sneekv2?

6. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Nope. Though a Video was shown two months ago, and it seemed to work great, it's still in Beta-Testing. I'm hoping for a christmas release, but yeah...like always:

Patience is a virtue. Don't ask, and just wait [​IMG].

And there's still a Chance that SNEEK won't work with DLC, etc...just wait and see.

Topic is here, btw.