Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
well i got it working, and it works good, See the reason i asked, is because i never have the complete CIOSCORP installed i only install the CIOSCORP wads that i need so for this MULTI BOOT DISC i only had to install CIOS30 for the System menu, and then CIOS21 for the template to run off of, and then autoboot the program off of IOS30 and it works good, I made a Multi Homebrew EMU Disc, only problem is i dont know how to rename the Programs from (Simple Game Name) to the actually name of the program, but other than that i like it.

Thanks

extract boot.bin and open it in a hex editor. I think you'll easily see where the title should go, then replace the old boot.bin with your new one. Don't change the title ID in boot.bin though, unless you can use WiiPartitionBinChanger to change the ID on that. I don't know if there's a bug in the current release or if I just don't know how to use the app right (much more likely).

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
WiiBlaster said:
well i got it working, and it works good, See the reason i asked, is because i never have the complete CIOSCORP installed i only install the CIOSCORP wads that i need so for this MULTI BOOT DISC i only had to install CIOS30 for the System menu, and then CIOS21 for the template to run off of, and then autoboot the program off of IOS30 and it works good, I made a Multi Homebrew EMU Disc, only problem is i dont know how to rename the Programs from (Simple Game Name) to the actually name of the program, but other than that i like it.

Thanks

extract boot.bin and open it in a hex editor. I think you'll easily see where the title should go, then replace the old boot.bin with your new one. Don't change the title ID in boot.bin though, unless you can use WiiPartitionBinChanger to change the ID on that. I don't know if there's a bug in the current release or if I just don't know how to use the app right (much more likely).

OK thanks i will do that.

jobobalo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm planning on using this to put all of my casual wii games that I purchased on one disk for convience. My question is, even though I'm NTSC-U, will this thing function with out-of-region games in the multiboot mix (Ofc im using the NTSC-U base iso)? I'd love to have wii chess on this as well. If it matters, I'm on CIOSCORP/SoftMii.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it depens if the main.dol of the game can handle the video output for your Wii, and if you have region free feature in your Wii too (modchip or softmii)...!!
smile.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@jobobalo and ether2802, compatibility is identical to the multiboot loader launched in any other manner. I can't confirm PAL on NTSC but the other way work's fine.

@dylan It works if you extract the partition from this disk and insert it as the only partition in partition table 0 on a SSBB iso. You still need to define the layer break

jobobalo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, cwstjednobs, you're really supportive of your end users. my only other question is: can I house two other games in partition 0, alongside the multiboot code? (With Dack's loader, you could house three games at partition 0.)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can't hold any more partitions in partition table 0 or the disc won't work through the disc channel. This isn't really a problem though because you have more than enough room on the other partition tables. The 3 partition limit only stands for partition 0. OK, my reply to ddp127 was a bit harsh, but it did have a plea for more information and I would have helped if I'd have got any. It doesn't work with no details is not constructive.

About compatibility lists etc, I'll search for the threads and add them to the first post soon. I am working on an improved version with an animated banner, DVD9 option and maybe some other improvements. I'm writing a full tutorial as well, which should replace the current first post soon. I'm sorry, I should have probably mentioned that this is a preview and the final "product", seeing as you said end users, is been worked on at this very moment.

jobobalo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said "end users" because it feels like a final product with all the help you give us on the forums. I was actually just complementing you...but it's cool to hear of a fancy new version coming out.

EDIT: Ok I have the disk burnt, gonna go get my wii and see how this thing works.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jobobalo said:
I said "end users" because it feels like a final product with all the help you give us on the forums. I was actually just complementing you...but it's cool to hear of a fancy new version coming out.

EDIT: Ok I have the disk burnt, gonna go get my wii and see how this thing works.

Thanks mate, that really cheered me up. Happy to find out people are generally finding this useful and quite easy.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I meant multi-boot in general. As in being able to fit two full size games onto a DVD-DL. If it works with this then even cooler.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dylaan said:
Sorry I meant multi-boot in general. As in being able to fit two full size games onto a DVD-DL. If it works with this then even cooler.

I've had No More Heroes (NTSC-U), Bully (PAL), and a couple of casual games work using SSBB as a base, but I haven't tested the games all way through, so they do work, but I don't know how they deal with the layer break yet. I run out of DL discs so the DVD9 image won't be posted here until I've tested it fully. Sorry I can't be more help.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry that i didn't gave a proper description, my fault, when i download the file, i can open the zip file, but i cant get the file, it gives a error: "the zip file is corrupted"

seoulsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
By cwstjdenobs and victory144

These are legal base ISOs to build a multiboot disc that will load Dacks multiboot loader from the disc channel.
They will work on any Wii with the Trucha signing bug (System Menu3.2 or lower) and a way to run backups from the disc channel.
Here's the links

PAL ISO

NTSC-J ISO

NTSC-U ISO

Thanks cwstjdenobs for this great resource.

Do you plan to add Korean region ISO too? Would be super if you could!!!

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I made a disc the other day to check this out . It ran fine from my 3.2 , but now i get the "system files are corrupt" msg after i went to 4.0 . I know ive patched trucha back in because my gh discs and all other modified disc runs fine .

Is this patched in a different way or does the trucha use a IOS that was stumped in 4.0 ?

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum