Oldies Legacy of Rosemond Hill

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I need help with old PC games with name Legacy of Rosemond Hill.
I have computer with windows 8 it used to have Windows 10 but I decided to install windows 8 since I have problem playing most old games on computer with windows 10.
I have gaming laptop with Windows 10 and tried to install Legacy of Rosemond Hill but install won't work and I was able to install Legacy of Rosemond Hill on Toshiba laptop with windows 8 no problem but problem it's, when I launch game, game show up in black screen and then close himself.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A little late reply: Didn't notice this earlier. Normally I tend to avoid downloading stuff from the internet. "Abandonware" is a grey zone, but since sites offering them are openly on the internet for many years, they seem to get tolerated. Rights holders could get rid of the downloads in five minutes and they don't. So... I downloaded two versions I found when searching for the game mentioned in the thread title: One labeled with Finish language and the other one in English.
=====

The result is the same in both cases:
Does it say which Windows version the game is compatible with? I assume you don't need to get crack files for it to run?
Seems no commercial CD protection is present. None of the protection scanners found anything, which usually means there is no known garbage DRM.
Guess it uses a simple CD-check. An ISO-Version of the disc mounted in WinCDEmu is enough to satisfy the game (without virtual drive, it demands inserting the disc). Game starts without any problems on Windows XP. If it doesn't work on new Windows versions, this is unlikely to be a protection issue -- which could be solved with a crack.

======
Can't help any further. Old games run the best on a physical Windows XP or Windows 98SE machine (use a computer as powerful as possible for the given OS).
Be glad you didn't choose to run a horse riding game containing ProtectDISC using ACEDRV09.SYS -- you would probably have NO chance to start this on modern Windows (and wouldn't find a crack since nobody bothered).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

I need help with old PC games with name Legacy of Rosemond Hill.
I have computer with windows 8 it used to have Windows 10 but I decided to install windows 8 since I have problem playing most old games on computer with windows 10.
I have gaming laptop with Windows 10 and tried to install Legacy of Rosemond Hill but install won't work and I was able to install Legacy of Rosemond Hill on Toshiba laptop with windows 8 no problem but problem it's, when I launch game, game show up in black screen and then close himself.
In such Cases,DGVoodoo helps in most of the Cases.😉

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1