Hardware Left joycon isnt recognized by the switch in handheld mode and doesnt want to turn on at all

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, so last night my joycons were getting low on battery so right before bed I attached both of my joycons to the switch in docked mode but when I woke up only the right joycon is charged and the left joycon doesnt show up as being connected when in portable mode and dont turn on at all. Anyone know whats the problem here? I tried a set of blue joycons I have in the left side of the switch and it connects perfectly but the left grey joycon doesn't respond to anything and I dont know whats going on

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that issue. I don't know what caused it, but I held the sync button down until the JoyCon went into pairing mode. I went to "change grip/order" in the menu and it connected to the Switch just fine after that.

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that issue. I don't know what caused it, but I held the sync button down until the JoyCon went into pairing mode. I went to "change grip/order" in the menu and it connected to the Switch just fine after that.
Thanks! Worked like a charm :)

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me a few days ago, I freaked out really bad after if refused to charge in my charging grip or when connected to the switch itself. Luckily I figured out that I needed to press the sync button again. I wonder what the cause of the issue was.. It was completely random.

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
This problem has been solved [by] sync[ing] it [again]

Don't be so sure it's solved. Why did it disconnect in the first place? How do you know that won't occur again?

Many left joycons are experiencing difficulties, and Nintendo is replacing them (not just repairing them). Do what you want, but if it happens again, I would not allow the warranty to expire before opening a case with Nintendo support....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0