Hacking Leeful/Al Azifs exploit host. Rest mode success?

• Thread starter kg2
  • Start date
  • Views 4,973
  • Replies 16
  • Likes 1

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using Mira(unofficial) with Al Azifs exploit host. Official Mira is still causing issues. Unofficial Mira launches the exploit 100% of the time, but rest mode also crashes 100% of the time.

Is Leeful (v10 I think is the latest?) any more stable with rest mode? If so, what's the exploit host site? I've never actually used Leeful before.

I don't mind the exploit failing from time to time, and having to restart the console. But having rest mode with a 100% success rate would be ideal!

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Reactions: Leeful

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I read @Leeful suggesting not using rest mode if in game, because there's a high probability of a crash on 6.72. I've left my system on rest mode with xproject on 5.05, and it rarely (if ever) crashes. the only time it might've crashed was when I was getting no video signal one time. however, my hdmi splitters don't always pick up the video signal from my devices right away. I turned the system off, then back on by flipping the toggle switch immediately, so I don't know if that's the case. in either case, I wouldn't really recommend using it on either firmware.

Reactions: Leeful and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been using v10 of @Leeful ‘s for a while now and rest mode works a treat. I had issues before this version, but since v10 it’s perfect.

once you have the exploit loaded you really don’t have to reboot (if ever) for a long time. I had it running for weeks with no crash.

As mentioned, don’t leave a game in rest mode, just the system.

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rest mode was flawless with 5.05.
I'm interested in checking out Leeful v10 now, for sure.

@KiiWii Is it basically the same process with Al Azifs host? Load the host site and launch the exploit?
As I mentioned, I've never actually had the pleasure of using Leeful before.
Mind if I ask what the exploit host site is?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rest mode was flawless with 5.05.
I'm interested in checking out Leeful v10 now, for sure.

@KiiWii Is it basically the same process with Al Azifs host? Load the host site and launch the exploit?
As I mentioned, I've never actually had the pleasure of using Leeful before.
Mind if I ask what the exploit host site is?

just load and cache https://leeful.github.io/v10/

I recommend HEN 2.1.3 and exploit, not the B version.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mind you, I was using rest mode with a game as well. I don't normally leave my system on though, because I don't play it (it's only for testing and dumping things). with that being said, some payloads I've never seen crash the system like the ftp one for example, and I've used that 15+ times in one sitting while dumping content.

Reactions: Leeful and KiiWii

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@kg2 The reason why Alazif's does not work with rest mode is because it uses mira.
I dont use mira with my hosts, I use HEN insted which is more stable and works with rest mode.

My advice is this:
Run the exploit and Hen2.1.3.
Start and exit a game to check if the exploit is good.
Enter and resume from rest mode.

If it resumes from rest mode OK and you are able to start and exit a game you are good go go for weeks/months without having to reboot or run the exploit again on your PS4.

I have been using rest mode on my pro for a few months now without having to reboot or run the exploit again and have had no problems whatsoever with installing and playing games.

As mentioned earlier, it is best not to leave a game running when entering rest mode to be extra safe.

There is still a very slim chance that rest mode will not work because of the instability of the 6.72 exploit but once it has worked once it should contine to enter and resume from rest mode just fine.

Last edited by Leeful,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
once you have the exploit loaded you really don’t have to reboot (if ever) for a long time. I had it running for weeks with no crash.

As mentioned, don’t leave a game in rest mode, just the system.
not good for your electricity bill though right! or, I wonder how much a pro uses in standby mode...?

I just searched online, the answer looks to be around 10w.

Last edited by cearp,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not good for your electricity bill though right! or, I wonder how much a pro uses in standby mode...?

I just searched online, the answer looks to be around 10w.

from what I've read, it's very low, so it's not that big a deal if you leave it in standby mode. I don't because I just don't play the thing enough though.

Reactions: cearp and KiiWii

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
from what I've read, it's very low, so it's not that big a deal if you leave it in standby mode. I don't because I just don't play the thing enough though.
I looked up what the switch uses in standby by mode, it's incredibly low - 0.1w!

Things all do add up over the course of a month, year etc.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, you can't power off the switch with the controller. I know that the idea behind the switch was speed with the os. that's what nintendo has said. however, I'd prefer more functions/options as a legit user. it sorta pisses me off that they only care about piracy users which has got to be less than 1 percent of all people who own a switch.

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Leeful Thanks! I appreciate the input as well. It's refreshing to see devs interact with the users.

I'm currently trying to enter the site in the address bar, but the address bar is locked?
I haven't noticed this before

EDIT: Please disregard that last comment lol
EDIT 2: Leeful, thank you. Rest mode has been flawless. Your work doesn't go unnoticed, and it's very much appreciated. If there's a donation spot, I'd be more than happy.

Last edited by kg2,

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta share my appreciation again. Rest mode, even in-game, is working flawless. This is some good stuff.

demonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been using leeful V6 (A BIG THANK YOU Sir) from release in rest mode and it`s been 100% so never attempted to use any of the latter releases ..as there has really been no need to change. I am sure thou it will vary between each others console`s . So my advice is keep trying the different revisions as you will eventually ping the right one for you.

Best Regards,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over