OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
Just curious what good websites have good Tutorials and explainations on how to do stuff? Im primarly interested in doing stuff from the console. I have vmworkstation running versions of OpenSUSE and Mandriva on my computer now. My goal is to fully be able to run "cent os"

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would well advise actually installing CentOS or Fedora in a dual boot setup. Or if you really want to get to know the insides LFS or Gentoo. But TBH the question you are asking is a bit too broad. If you could tell what specifically you are wanting to use it for any advice could be a lot more, erm, focused.

I am personally a big fan of the "jump in feet first" approach. So doing that and coming back with questions when you get stuck might be a good idea.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
I am personally a big fan of the "jump in feet first" approach. So doing that and coming back with questions when you get stuck might be a good idea.
I second this.

Install CentOS, search for solutions to any problems you might encounter and ask here or somewhere else if you can't find them.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cwstjdenobs said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Oddly enough, the best site I used to find any help was youtube.

Am I the only person who finds the man pages on Linux systems quite good enough?
I actually learn better through videos. If I can see what I am doing, then I am good with it.

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
I have vmworkstation running now with different flavors of Linux Distros I'll be back with questions shortly. I been doing what I can to learn how to do everything from shell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free