SaiZou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was looking around and saw this home that teaches u to learn kanji. it uses cards and tell u meaning and more.....

Well, it's been a long time since we have heard something new from DS homebrew developer Zarxrax. Now, he is back with DSLearnJ v0.5. Yeah, time flies by really fast... Anyhow, just in case this is something new to you, DSLearnJ is a homebrew application that aims to teach you Japanese Kanji in an easier manner. Here is the app's features:

* Create your own decks of cards with up to 256 cards per deck.
* Each card has 3 sections so you can include the Kanji, the reading, and the meaning.
* You can choose which sections will be hidden until you press the button to reveal them.
* A drawing pad is included so you can practice drawing the Kanji.
* Cards can be displayed either in order, or randomly.
* You can choose to not display a card again after marking it correct. This allows you to focus on the cards you have trouble with.

The app is still under development so expect more features to come your way when an updated version is released. Here are the controls:

* Left or Y marks a card as incorrect
* Up or X switches the hidden sections on or off
* Right or A marks a card as correct
* Down or B clears the drawing pad
* Start will bring up a menu which will allow you to quit and return to the main menu.

directly taken off of ds.qj.net

http://dl.qj.net/DSLearnJ-v0.5-Nintendo-DS...13261/catid/220 if u wanna dl

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this work okay on R4? I still haven't gotten round to trying out homebrew yet but a kanji learner is a must for me

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I encourage everyone to let me know if this works for you or not, and what you are loading it on. Some people are saying it doesn't work, but I'm not sure what the problem might be.

I have personally tested it on Supercard SD and R4, and it has been confirmed to work on Supercard CF.
I have had reports that it does NOT work on DS-Xtreme or M3SD.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really sorry for being the newbie but I wasn't a big fan of homebrew so I'm a little confused in getting this running. First, I downloaded the file and just transfered the NDS one to my R4. Got to the screen with the circle and the x.... and I don't know what to do at that point. Then I decided to patch it with the DLDI thing following the tutorial on here. Still got problems. Somehow I don't think I'm doing anything right

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Step 1. Copy the folder called DSLearnJ to the root of your memory card. This folder contains a few sample input files.

Step 2. Choose the appropriate binary for your card. For the R4 you want the DSLearnJ.nds file.

Step 3. Patch that file with the dldi patcher. It should say it patched successfully.

Step 4. Copy that patched file to the root of your card.

Step 5. When you launch the app, you should see a list of the files on the top screen. Highlight one and press A or start to begin. If you dont see any files then something went wrong.

Edit: Oh, and please visit my homepage and download the program from there. The link above does not contain the folder with the sample files. http://ds.amvhell.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs