Hacking leaked Wii SDK, can it be used to develop games?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
zeldarocks said:
regardless of the missing dlls and such, how is it incomplete?

It's not missing dlls - you probably need cygwin, which the devkit depends on. It's just broken as things are missing.

According to the release notes, it's buggy as hell too.

Just an example:

CODE[WPAD] Abnormal noises are heard when speakers from multiple Controllers are used at same time

At the present time, a large load is placed on the CPU when the Wii Remote establishes a connection with the console.

If one Wii Remote has already established a connection with the console and sounds are being played through the speaker,
playback will be interrupted when another Wii Remote attempts to establish a connection with the console. Even the playback
of 'silence' is interrupted, and in some cases playback interruption can cause abnormal noise to come from the speaker.

The cause of this problem is currently under investigation.

As a temporary workaround, if multiple Wii Remotes are going to play sound at the same time,
do not start playback until all Wii Remotes have established connections with the console.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already have the SDK, and I was wondering if you could help me acquire cygwin...

So all i need is cygwin, an intermediate knowledge of CMD, and I'm off?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you don't know a programing language your quiet out on the ice. I know abit of C++, Java and VB.NET but I still suck at them.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I were to learn the language, regardless of how long it were to take me, What would I need to run the SDK apart from cygwin, and of course the SDK?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
You need (in this order)

A brain that works
Knowledge of console apps and the command line
Some programming Principals
Knowledge of C(++)
devkitPro (devkitPPC, libogc, etc)

I've humoured you so far, but now you're on your own. Try not to fail.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the fastest way to learn all this stuff, apart form the working brain which I already have?

Also, I've been thinking, What if I were to replace the .lib files from DevKit Pro with the .lib files from the SDK?

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Computer Science course, at a college or university level usually helps. Otherwise look for a Programming Book for Dummies or anything from O'Reilly.

lukereeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never seen a bigger idiot in my days here. Without any programming knowledge (mine is very limited but atleast I know CMD) you have no reason to run it. You would get it working and be like oh... what do I do now. There is no GUI to coding a wii game.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm becoming a little offended by your terminology, Is there anything that doesn't require knowledge of CMd or programming? I would REALLY like something with a Graphical User Interface...

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok lets take the Wii out of the equation, Is there anythign that I could use to develop games in general, like XNA Studio or something?

lukereeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again only if you have programming knowledge... There might be some free basic adventure game makers with very strict gui. Use google. But to make your own game you will need very strong programming knowledge.

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zeldarocks said:
I'm becoming a little offended by your terminology, Is there anything that doesn't require knowledge of CMd or programming? I would REALLY like something with a Graphical User Interface...

To be polite, you're in way over your head. Take a few years of programming courses and then you'll be somewhat more ready for something like this.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
zeldarocks said:
hahahahahahah, OMG dude you must be like what 12 years old, thinking everything is just sooooo easy, if you want an interface go download C# because thats the closest you will get son, seriouls these kids these days, no offence but any game you make would be terrible seeing as you dont even know how to code, and you want some gay drag and drop feature thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8