Hacking leaked Wii SDK, can it be used to develop games?

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering, if the Wii SDK leaked by SYNDiCATE could be used to develop Homebrew, Did they remove any necessary files and such that could be used to develop games when they leaked it?

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am just wondering, if someone wanted to develop with the leaked SDK, could they do so regardless of legal implications

josh41091

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
You could in theory create wii applications with it, however, its a VERY old build so there would be no point as it is missing certain libraries.

Im not sure about the legal implications, but seeing how Nintendo want developers to be part of a contract not to release and software/sdk out, it probably isnt very legal to create your own applications with an illegal sdk.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just wondering, regardless of legal implications, as well as missing libraries, can we develop software up to par with Nintendo's?

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to be having trouble actually booting the executables, the DOS window comes up, but immediately shuts down, I don't even have time to look at the information in the window

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
zeldarocks said:
I'm just wondering, regardless of legal implications, as well as missing libraries, can we develop software up to par with Nintendo's?

I only know of one opensource engine that works with wii (one used for supermario strikers), would be alot of hard work.

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was also wondering, Were can I find a tutorial for DevKit Pro, ro some other software which would be easy to code on?

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
zeldarocks said:
I seem to be having trouble actually booting the executables, the DOS window comes up, but immediately shuts down, I don't even have time to look at the information in the window
Let me put it this way. If you don't know how to run a command line app, you won't be making anything with this.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stick with making apps like homebrew is now
tongue.gif
until you figure out command lines at least yeah

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im serious just tell me how I can get the executable running

Do you know of anything that is user friendly e.i. has a GUI?

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will that help me in getting the .bat file running?

Seriously, I just want one question answered, Can we use the leaked SDK to do ANYTHING?

zeldarocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you didn't answer my question...

Also, i know about the command line, I just don't know how to keep the dang cmd open for more than half a second

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
zeldarocks said:
If the SDK can't be used, then why leak it in the first place?

I'm sure someone used it at some point, but it's so old (and incomplete) that devkitPro and libOGC are far better.

But you still aren't in a position to program for the wii. At least try something PC-based first. And knowing how to run console executables helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters