Leaked video of Project Cafe developer conference?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
*Snip!* your consuming alot of power just to moan about something you have no idea about

*wink* Called plain logic. Home Consoles just don't need a battery - plain and simple.
wink.gif

and honestly who said its a Home Console?

3DS look like the controllers?
how'd you know you can use one of them as a 3D controller & Screen?

*sigh* We'll talk in 3 weeks time, how's that?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
Foxi4 said:
Pong20302000 said:
*Snip!* your consuming alot of power just to moan about something you have no idea about

*wink* Called plain logic. Home Consoles just don't need a battery - plain and simple.
wink.gif

and honestly who said its a Home Console?

3DS look like the controllers?
how'd you know you can use one of them as a 3D controller & Screen?

*sigh* We'll talk in 3 weeks time, how's that?

ok *Snip!* speak in 3 weeks

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's interesting how you've put effort into typing Foxi4 into google and reading the very first page that pops up, lol.

I have a stalker. I feel about 36% sexier now.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Foxi4 said:
Delta517 said:
I'm not sure whether this has been posted begore, but I found a list of reasons why this is fake on the Zelda Informer page.

QUOTE said:
[Why it's fake:

They didn't bother with sound.
There's no way you could obviously sit that close and film it all.
The slideshow looks to be of early prototypes, when Café is further along than that.
They've only got two people in the video - simpler to make.
The woman presenting addresses it directly at fake-Reggie and not at the whole audience.
Having a Reggie look-a-like screams tying too hard.
What they highlight in red as the console itself looks like the prototypes/speculations/other fakes we've seen. They haven't even been creative.
This is the only video ever uploaded to the YouTube channel.

He got a good point in some of them.
smile.gif

1. Why would they bother with sound? Maybe it was loud in the hall so they stripped it off the sound? Or maybe it was a crappy cellphone?
2. Apparently there is, otherwise this video wouldn't exist.
3. There is no date stamp on the video either, how is time a factor here?
4. Only two people fit in the frame, you don't know how many people are there.
5. You would too if there was Reggie in the room.
6. Coincidence.
7. Right. In case this *is* how the console looks like, Nintendo would surely make the prototype look entirely different.
8. Yes, when you make media leaks, you put all of them on a single youtube account, add your e-mail and contact information so that the police can find you quicker and lock you up for corporate espionage.

...what point? It was so fleeting I didn't notice it.

Not saying that it is a real video. It screams that it isn't. Just proving (or actually, disapproving) a point.

QUOTE(Pong20302000 @ May 18 2011, 05:22 PM)
it runs off a charge

it lights up the bottom two lights when charging

heres a white one charging

projectcafeleak.jpg

It's charging via an invisible slot, apparently. There's *nothing* on that height on the other photo that shows the back, all the slots were close to the bottom of the system.
OMG! The first home console with battery! You have to charge it every 6 hours ^^

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only "point" I see in having a battery in a home console would be a UPS-like measure so that you don't loose your progress whenever there's an electricity shortage of some sort that you didn't expect. Other than that, sort of pointless. I'd much rather if the "battery pack" was placed within the power supply unit - that'd make the console much slimmer.

Playing a full-blown HD game that's designed to be played on a TV screen on a tiny controller screen doesn't seem like an appealing idea - the fonts would be downscaled to the point of "hardly readable". It's okay for "saving your progress" in case of an emergency, but still... Meh.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LoL, sweet, good job!

"Whatcha playin' on? A loaf of bread, lol?"

"That's the WeeStream, dumass! It'z zuper awezum! I can't totally see the HD on this tiny screen!"

"*gasp* Righty-o! Miniaturiastion is so last season, conzolez need to be largur nao"

"Agweed. Let'z play some Mario Kart! *hands over the controller*"

"I can't see the Start button in ze menu, WTF?"

"That'z the whole charm of it, dumass! It'z challenge from the very start!"

"Ooooh... INNOVATION!"

"You bet your pantz it iz!"

"Can I haz one?"

"Only if you sell your soul to the japanese gods of the industry..."

"All hail Miyamoto!"

"...and pay 400 bucks for the console and a 100 bucks per controller."

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
AlanJohn said:
NahuelDS said:
btw... now that I think of it, where do you suppose to put the game disc on that thing??
Wireless
smileipb2.png

You put the disc on the console and it STREAMS. Damn, you're technologically-illiterate.

[youtube]cIZFq3VDeUY[/youtube]

By the way, who said it has to be on discs? Maybe it's on interchangable LCD's for the controller? I've seen a game like this somewhere. XP

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with pong; a ton of you are on crack. A home console with a rechargeable battery is one of the most useful things we can have. The console can be used during driving trips for example. Also, the console can be used for display purposes like business meetings without having to worry about cords everywhere. Like desktops, batteries would prevent the console being damaged during power surges. So all of you crack addicts who continue posting that a home console shouldn't have a rechargeable battery; just take two seconds to actually use your brain.

Another thing, there does look like a flap in the top portion, it is very well possible the console was connected to something in that flap.

Another another things, it looks like it has two display ports, first console to dual monitor? Imagine multiplayer games where each person gets their own screen.

---

Besides, a lot of you keep saying it's fake for reasons that can easily be refuted. This totally looks real and has consistency with previous leaks.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Zetta_x said:
I agree with pong; a ton of you are on crack. A home console with a rechargeable battery is one of the most useful things we can have. The console can be used during driving trips for example. Also, the console can be used for display purposes like business meetings without having to worry about cords everywhere. Like desktops, batteries would prevent the console being damaged during power surges. So all of you crack addicts who continue posting that a home console shouldn't have a rechargeable battery; just take two seconds to actually use your brain.

Another thing, there does look like a flap in the top portion, it is very well possible the console was connected to something in that flap.

Another another things, it looks like it has two display ports, first console to dual monitor? Imagine multiplayer games where each person gets their own screen.

---

Besides, a lot of you keep saying it's fake for reasons that can easily be refuted. This totally looks real and has consistency with previous leaks.
Ok you win
yaywii.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:

this has consistencies with previous leaks because they weren't even creative enough to make up new ones and just used what already existed.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Everyone's saying it looks small and cheap.
Look at the slot on the bottom. Presumably, that's the disk drive. Looks small, doesn't it? It's like Ninty's gone back to using mini DVDs. Or maybe the console is twice as big as it looks.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Midna said:
Everyone's saying it looks small and cheap.
Look at the slot on the bottom. Presumably, that's the disk drive. Looks small, doesn't it? It's like Ninty's gone back to using mini DVDs. Or maybe the console is twice as big as it looks.
Yep that's the new tech of Nintendo, illusionary home console that looks small at different angles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended