Leaked Poster Implies New Call Of Duty Game to be Revealed

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IGN Entertainment
A leaked retail poster suggests that our first look at the next Call of Duty game is coming next month.

A picture of a poster obtained by Kotaku says to "return for debriefing" on May 2, 2012. Is this when we'll see the game revealed?

blackops_1334776030.jpg

- Kotaku

Previously, Activision announced that a new Call of Duty game is coming in 2012. While it hasn't been confirmed as Black Ops 2, Activision purchased blackops2.com earlier this year, and Amazon posted a listing for the game in France.

Kotaku

It’s looking more nd more like this year’s Call of Duty is going to be a sequel to 2010′s Black Ops. A retail source forwarded the following image from a poster received today.

It’s been widely speculated that this year’s Call of Duty game will be a sequel to Black Ops, which was developed by Treyarch.

Also, the framing narrative for 2010′s Black Ops was a debriefing where elements of a massive secret conspiracy were revealed so the text on the poster could be referencing that.

Also, the date on the poster is most likely a reveal date and not a release date. Call of Duty games typically come out later in the year to take advantage of the busy holiday shopping season.

In February, a French video games site found themselves banned — and then unbanned — from Activision events after reporting that a Black Ops sequel would arrive in 2012 after an Amazon leak earlier this year. That overreaction led many to think that the information in the leak was right on the money.

When contacted, Activision declined to comment to Kotaku about the image.

Kotaku Source
Source 2
Unfortunately, it's Kotaku.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Black Ops was good and better than MW2 IMO. It is a game worth playing...MW3 on the other hand is so annoying it is unbearable. I'm actually looking forward to this game since Treyarch hasn't let me down in the COD franchise...unlike Infinity Ward on so many occasions :(

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Black Ops 2

Can't wait for this. Zombies are so innovative. I haven't played Resident Evil and I love modern radio.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is Treyarch, maybe just maybe we might get just one more dummied down Wii version as a good bye to the series on the little white box. One can hope.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol at kids crying about it being repetitive. You know how many other series there are with less changes than CoD has between games? Street Fighter, NFL/NBA/NHL *Year*, etc.

Why don't you complain about those games? Oh right, because there's not a bandwagon for you to follow!

Reactions: 3 people

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Black Ops was good and better than MW2 IMO. It is a game worth playing...MW3 on the other hand is so annoying it is unbearable. I'm actually looking forward to this game since Treyarch hasn't let me down in the COD franchise...unlike Infinity Ward on so many occasions :(

Treyarch made the game too easy and reward the spray and pray... It wasn't worth it after MW2...

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at kids crying about it being repetitive. You know how many other series there are with less changes than CoD has between games? Street Fighter, NFL/NBA/NHL *Year*, etc.

Why don't you complain about those games? Oh right, because there's not a bandwagon for you to follow!
I hate Sports games, except the ones like Mario Strikers or NBA Jams. And Street Fighter has been dying for a while now, I'm suprised Crapcom hasn't dumped it yet. This may be really hard to imagine this, but not everyone on the internet actually gives a fuck about the bandwagons. In fact I try to find half-decent things about the game.

supersonic124

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck what the obese haters think.

Black Ops 1 was a fantastic game jam packed with great content. Hopefully Treyarch won't fall over themselves like IW did with MW2/MW3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night