Leaked Games list of future Project Cafe titles

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems easily fake. It's just a bunch of upcoming titles and some random sequels.

Plus Mass Effect 3 can't come bundled with the original Mass Effect as that's under Microsoft Game Studios.

Gears of War is also owned my Microsoft.

So take this with a whole shaker full of salt.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
is the codename cafe? but what is the real name of the console?
if gamecube's was dolphin, gba's was atlantis, n64 was project reality, ds was project nitro and wii 2's is project cafe.
Then were games for the gba called yoshi island atlantis (lol title), or donkey kong reality, then why should wii 2's title be called so-and-so cafe?

paper zelda wouldnt make sense because zelda is not a title that can have such a variation. mario can because it is applied in different ways.

Then again, GTA V was confirmed. Must have taken a long time to fake this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
shakirmoledina said:
paper zelda wouldnt make sense because zelda is not a title that can have such a variation. mario can because it is applied in different ways.

As far as I remember, Zelda 2 was a side-scroller. I can't see why this wouldn't work again. Besides, it can be top-down as usual - the art style has little to do with perspective.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Just taking a glance at this list reveals some flaws to our other known rumoured pointers. Isn't Project Cafe supposed to be launching in late 2012? If so, then how can titles like Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3, both presumably 2011 titles, be on the launch list/window? Nintendo can't possibly push their console's release date by a full year when they still have a handful of select titles for the Wii that remain unreleased. (Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby, Pandora's Tower, that Pokemon game, etc.)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
Why wouldn't GTA come to a nintendo console? 4 didn't come to wii because it wasn't powerful enough for it. Prior to this list, it was already a strong rumor that Rockstar is developing GTA5 for the new console and could potentially be a launch title. In the next console is indeed more powerful than the PS3 and 360, why the hell couldn't GTA5 come to it? Nintendo and Rockstar do have a good relationship, as evidenced by the handheld GTAs and the Bully Scholarship edition. Its just a matter of the Wii not being able to handle games as beautiful as GTA4, L.A. Noire, and Red Dead Redemption.

And I disagree with your wrong group to market to comment. We haven't seen the actual system yet, but all rumors prior to this (almost certainly BS) list, are suggesting that Nintendo is trying to get the hardcore gamer with this new console. I see no reason why this couldn't be the case, especially if the controllers live up to the hype (I mean they would have to cost like 80 dollars each one would think).

All I'm saying is don't count Nintendo out until we see what the system truly has to offer.

If you think GTA IV didn't come to the Wii simply as a power issue, then you're dead wrong. It's a mature game and mature games have ended up selling poorly on the Wii. I don't think developers will think that just because it's slightly more powerful next generation that Project Cafe will be a core gamer console again. And it may seem powerful now, but being "slightly more powerful" than consoles that are over 5 years old is far from an achievement. Microsoft and Sony next generation will make a completely more powerful console.

I wouldn't say they had a good relationship when Nintendo has missed out a huge majority of Rockstar games. GTA III, GTA IV, San Andreas, Vice City Stories, and Liberty City Stories. They had some meh handheld ports of GTA 1 and 2. Even Nintendo's "exclusive" GTA game (Chinatown Wars) got ported to the PSP and iPhone. Oh, and Scholarship Edition was also released on the Xbox 360. Then there's of course LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption, like you mentioned.

People seriously forget that it's not just the Wii's power that counts it out of a lot of multiconsole, particularly M-rated games.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
This list is too good to be real, but if by the smallest chance it comes out as true at E3, nintendo can have my money.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guild McCommunist said:
duffmmann said:
Why wouldn't GTA come to a nintendo console? 4 didn't come to wii because it wasn't powerful enough for it. Prior to this list, it was already a strong rumor that Rockstar is developing GTA5 for the new console and could potentially be a launch title. In the next console is indeed more powerful than the PS3 and 360, why the hell couldn't GTA5 come to it? Nintendo and Rockstar do have a good relationship, as evidenced by the handheld GTAs and the Bully Scholarship edition. Its just a matter of the Wii not being able to handle games as beautiful as GTA4, L.A. Noire, and Red Dead Redemption.

And I disagree with your wrong group to market to comment. We haven't seen the actual system yet, but all rumors prior to this (almost certainly BS) list, are suggesting that Nintendo is trying to get the hardcore gamer with this new console. I see no reason why this couldn't be the case, especially if the controllers live up to the hype (I mean they would have to cost like 80 dollars each one would think).

All I'm saying is don't count Nintendo out until we see what the system truly has to offer.

If you think GTA IV didn't come to the Wii simply as a power issue, then you're dead wrong.

No, you are dead wrong. Porting GTA 4 to Wii is too much work and doesnt worth the effort. The graphics would have looked bad. Resident Evil 5 didnt come out for Wii because of the same reason as a Capcom developer explained this a couple of years ago in an interview.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
No, you are dead wrong. Porting GTA 4 to Wii is too much work and doesnt worth the effort. The graphics would have looked bad. Resident Evil 5 didnt come out for Wii because of the same reason as a Capcom developer explained this a couple of years ago in an interview.

There's also a matter of audience. Resident Evil 4 was a huge Gamecube game and they assumed that the Gamecube audience would carry over to the Wii. They also already made a good profit off of it.

Resident Evil 5 also had a huge emphasis on co-op. Since the Wii has shit online gaming you'd be stuck to local co-op, which is a pretty big hassle considering the game is almost necessary to play with someone else. And you won't always have someone else to play with next to you.

The audience just isn't there. We've had these "core" games on the Wii and they rock. Red Steel 2 was awesome, MadWorld was awesome, Dead Space Extraction was awesome. But they all sold pretty poorly, especially compared to the massive profits that all these casual and first party games were getting. The Wii has started to become a no-man's land for third party core games. The only "mature" game on the Wii that sells decently I believe is Call of Duty, whose sales are still equal to like a fifth of the Xbox 360/PS3/PC versions.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
>wario ware

YES!!

I mean, it's pretty obvious that there was going to be one, but for a launch [window] title, that's awesome! Then again, Smooth Moves came out close to the Wii launch (SM came out in February or March of 07 IIRC).

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
duffmmann said:

If you think GTA IV didn't come to the Wii simply as a power issue, then you're dead wrong. It's a mature game and mature games have ended up selling poorly on the Wii. I don't think developers will think that just because it's slightly more powerful next generation that Project Cafe will be a core gamer console again. And it may seem powerful now, but being "slightly more powerful" than consoles that are over 5 years old is far from an achievement. Microsoft and Sony next generation will make a completely more powerful console.

I wouldn't say they had a good relationship when Nintendo has missed out a huge majority of Rockstar games. GTA III, GTA IV, San Andreas, Vice City Stories, and Liberty City Stories. They had some meh handheld ports of GTA 1 and 2. Even Nintendo's "exclusive" GTA game (Chinatown Wars) got ported to the PSP and iPhone. Oh, and Scholarship Edition was also released on the Xbox 360. Then there's of course LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption, like you mentioned.

People seriously forget that it's not just the Wii's power that counts it out of a lot of multiconsole, particularly M-rated games.
Knowing how weak the Wii is, how could you or anyone possibly think that's the main reason the Wii doesn't get current-gen ports? The lack of power from the Wii is a huge factor in why games weren't "ported" to the Wii. You know why they weren't just "ported"? Because they'd have to make drastic changes to the games to have it perform well on the Wii. Capcom could have easily just ported SSFIV instead of developing TvC if they wanted to make more money. RE and Dead Space could had non-on-the-rail shooters instead. A Wii Final Fantasy 13 would have made a nice profit even if it was a less graphically demanding version. Ubisoft has even stated that now they can bring over titles like Assassin's Creed over to Nintendo's new console because of the newer hardware. A lot of games sell just because of the name.

And do people have no common sense? Why would Battlefield 3 (Battlefield 3's lead platform is the PC because of the power of PC hardware) or any of the 2011 games not be a launch title when they release before Nintendo's Console does? If anything it makes it more likely they would be launch titles because they'd have the extra time to port them over.

As for the list, a lot of them seem like givens, but some, with the extra comments, seem unlikely.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Newer titles will only be able to hit the Wii very temporarily. As soon as the new Microsoft console, or the new Sony console comes out, they are just going to start designing on that.

Nintendo is chronically behind in hardware, and they make no effort to catch up. Using outdated hardware to generate a lower price isn't always a good thing. Regardless, Nintendo products are notorious for a very low number of M rated games (Mature/17+ for those that don't know the ESRB system). The DS has, what, five M rated games? The Wii has maybe 8 or 9? Nintendo consoles aren't the market for mature gaming. They have always held themselves to being a family gaming company, thus the innovations brought forth by the Wii.

You can't involve your family in GTA. I mean, you can try, but results will vary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.