Leaked footage shows upcoming open-world RPG game set in the Harry Potter universe

HP Leak.jpg

Earlier today, a new YouTube video was making some buzz as it showed footage of an unannounced Harry Potter game. While it has since been taken down from YouTube, you can still watch it via this mirror. The video appears to be pretty polished, showing off some of the game's features and could possibly have been prepared as an announcement trailer.

The leak came from Reddit user VapeThisBro who managed to capture the trailer while he took part in a focus group and further provided the following information regarding the game:

Set in the 19th Century (1800’s) Wizarding World, this 3rd person open-world action RPG game centers around your character with unique abilities who has eared a late acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

You are a newly arrived 5th year student to Hogwarts that demonstrates a latent gift for magic with a unique ability to track and identify remnants of a pottant ancient power. Upon arrival, strange events begin to materialize In the Forbidden Forrest and trouble begins o brew within the castle walls. Together with Professor Elezar Fig, you embark on a journey through both familiar and never before seen locations to bring to light the truth behind these mysterious occurrences.

On your quest you will craft potions, master new spells, and discover fantastical beasts. You will battle Dark Wizards, Goblins, and other supernatural enemies and uncover the truth about your destiny – the Fate of the Wizarding World lies in your hands.

FEATURES
  • Journey to Hogwarts to become one of 8 different Wizard types
  • Experience Hogwarts, make new friends, uncover new secrets, and change the fate of the Wizarding
  • world.Experience a new magic system that creates countless possibilities to master magic.
  • Freely explore the Wizarding World for the first time., Choose your house and friends at Hogwarts, and decide to pursue a path of good or evil.
  • Create your own witch or wizard, and experience a all new story separate from the books or films

:arrow: SOURCE

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fuck yes i would love this !!! But seeing it is WB it will probably littered with tons of micro transactions like hogwards mystery. So as much as i would love this, i'm pretty sure it will be a micro transaction mess

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Holy shit... That looks amazing. Let's just hope it isn't going to be like the huge cock up Hogwarts Mystery was. From what I saw, that game was terrible.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you based God, YES. This is what I've wanted since I was a little kid.

I really can't express how happy I am if this turns out to be true.

Last edited by guisadop,

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I'm interested. But will it be on switch? And likely this is a prequel to fantastic beasts since we are dealing with Wild west era witches and wizards.

Last edited by TJHeartnote,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
could be good or not, depends on the actual fighting mechanics and if there are some interesting collectibles/side quests.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
WANT. NOW!

TL;DR: This could be the game I've been waiting to play since 2002. Or, on the other hand, could be a lootbox-infested microtransaction hellhole, and with Warner Bros' recent treatment of Lord of the Rings with Shadow of War, my feelings are between insane hype and anxious trepidation.

Last edited by Naridar,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I want three things from this game
  • Fun gameplay
  • To not be written like a bad fan fiction (I'm looking at you, Voldemort: Origins of the Heir)
  • No “modern bullshittery” (microtransactions, loot boxes, cut content sold as DLC, etc.)
If this game can accomplish all of these, I'll love it. I really like the Harry Potter universe (it's probably the most realistic and believable magic universe ever) and I despise how it's been treated as of late.

Reactions: Deleted User

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I always wondered to myself "why don' they do this". Well, now they are finally doing it apparently. With proper direction and a reduced amount of greed, this could really work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?