'League of Legends Arcane' Netflix animated series airing this fall

lol arcane.PNG

Netflix's Castlevania might be coming to an end but it won't be the last of your video game to animated series adaptation fix. The next one in line is based on the popular MOBA League of Legends and it will air sometime this fall. The news come from an official teaser trailer for League of Legends Arcane released today:

Apparently, this is the first animated series based on the IP and there are more in the pipeline.

Do you look forward to how this adaptation will turn out?

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

Looking at the Trailer, there's nothing to fault from the Character and World Modelling, Animation and Post-FX.

Story-wise, I'm not sure whether there's a hook for someone outside of the Gamer base like myself, but I'm sure the sheer number of inside Viewers will suffice.

Theoretically, I could come into this Animation Series from its Rendering quality alone and be pleasantly surprised there is a modicum of a coherent Story; much better than expecting Story quality like I did in Netflix's Ghost in the Shell only to be let down by everything, including Time I can never get back.

Last edited by , , Reason: Netflix Gaming Animation comparisons.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why they so into adapting games with no plot?
It doesn't have an overarching plot (or at least it didn't when I last played several years ago), but all of the characters have their own, often interconnected, backstories. I'd imagine that they could throw together something interesting with a bit of work.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me when they fire "Zed" from their security team and I'll give a damn. (For those curious look up the discord convo between a Riot Employee and the head of the Chronoshift fanproject).

Edit: Before anyone asks: I ain't defending the fan project for potential ToS or whatever issues (that's hugely up for debate). I'm defending that nobody should ever talk so unprofessionally like this "Zed" guy.

Last edited by VartioArtel,
Reactions: Xzi

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never got super into the game. I think I'm only level 8 on my old profile, but I did enjoy reading into a bit of the lore. Here's hoping they do it some justice, as some of the character backstories are pretty interesting. Also, if they don't have my boi Braum in there with a poro, I will be rather disappointed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs