ROM Hack LeafGreen Cheat Help

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I've got my old LeafGreen game which I invested inordinate amounts of time into (playtime's up at 117 hours
blink.gif
) But have hit a wall in terms of trying to complete the Kanto Dex. I was an idiot and used my Masterball on Moltres rather than Mewtwo and I can't catch him. There are a few others its impossible for me to obtain as well. Is there any Pokesav style editor for LeafGreen or is cheat codes the way to go?
Oh and does anybody know where I can find Rudolph's Wifi Dumper for getting my SAV file off the cart for editting. It would be helpful.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, I'm really not experienced using Cheat Engines. I have my LeafGreen ROM and SAV on my PC for use in VBA (it works) so I need Masterball and Pokemon codes that will work in VBA. Google has only gotten me confused.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can use the VBA emulator with your ROM and SAV and then use the following cheat codes.

Master code
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
56671F3A 6F4F4D6B
Master Ball code
CF1BCCE4 F26C57D9
8BB602F7 8CEB681A

To enter them, once your game is running with your save file, click on the 'Cheats' menu, go to 'Cheat List...'. Then click the 'Gameshark' button and enter the code names in the title part and the codes in the code part.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So what does that Masterball code actually do? Does it add them to my inventory or add them to the shop? I've saved right in front of Mewtwo so need to make my way out to get to the shop

Update: Added some extra codes from here and the codes don't appear to be working. I used a "No Encounter" code and I still got pokemon battles.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
Master Ball gives you a 100% capture rate.

You need a new name: Captain Obvious.
I know masterballs give me a 100% catch rate, hence why i want some but my problem is that A) Codes are not working for my EUR ROM of LeafGreen (dumped via my DS from the cart) and B) I want to knwo where exactly these masterballs appear. Some codes put them in your PC, others the Mart.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The codes he listed are the North America codes. The codes for European versions have always been slightly different. The orignal gameshark code site is gone and the AR site stopped listing version 1 codes for whatever reason.

It will also dump the save from the retail game, there isn't a wifi version of this:
http://filetrip.net/f3228-GBA-Backup-Tool-0-21.html

You can edit the save file from there.

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh* I have the save file from my GBA game (not that silly) thanks for telling me that the EUR codes are different. This is gonna be awkward for getting codes now...

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whoops. Sorry about that. I didn't even consider the possibility that you had a European version of the game.

I found these codes, but if how_do_i_do_that is right, they're not the ones you need, although you can try them anyway and see what happens. There aren't any encounter codes on there, just a "have all pokeballs" code.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Look for Ciro's Pokemon Editor. You'll have to do some digging to find it. It's like Pokesav lite but for GBA pokemon. It will be able to read your save info, and make cheat codes for your game, but it will not be able to edit your save.

Edit: Supposedly this file (http://www.metalkid.info/MKPP4.zip) has Ciro's Pokemon Editor in it. Eventhough there are no links to it, check out this CPE help file (http://donnus.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/makerhelp.txt)

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a Masterball to catch Mewtwo. I caught him with an Ultra Ball, it's not that hard, you just need patience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr