ldn_mitm - Play local wireless supported games online

upload_2018-12-7_13-51-15.png

Whether lurking on an older firmware, banned from online activities, or unwilling to fork out for Nintendo's Switch Online, a lot of us find ourselves stuck in the void of single-player gaming. The release of switch-lan-play opened doors previously closed, allowing us to play a select list of games online regardless of bans and subscriptions. Taking another step forwards, we have ldn_mitm: a custom kip to break the final chains, to allow almost every game supporting local wireless to be enjoyed online.

Requirements:
  1. Atmosphère 0.8.0+ SXOS 2.5 Beta+
  2. switch-lan-play (setup guide)
  3. ldn_mitm
How to Use (Atmosphere):
  1. Download the zip from the release pages.
  2. Extract the zip to your sd card,
  3. Boot up Atmosphere with fusee primary.bin
  4. Start your game of choice, and select local wireless play
  5. (Optional) Use official Switch-lan-play discord to match make and find other players,

How to Use (SXOS):
  1. Download the latest SXOS. Here
  2. Go to SX Menu then to options.
  3. Enable ldn_mitm,
  4. Go in-game and select the Wireless Play Option (If you see an L in your WiFi bars that means that the kip did not load and that you need to reboot)
You can find a list of currently tested games here.

It is recommended to only use ldn_mitm and lan-play.exe from their official releases, third-party apps and homebrew are not supported.

K0aQEb0.png

B02KFiY.jpg

:arrow: Github
:arrow: Discord
:download: Download

Last edited by Cubuss,

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
found the issue. in the debug logs it was something about ftp error. and i have a ftp kip installed. so it looks looks the 2 kips are incompatible with each other. i have it working now. also @Kazumal how do us do this with x link kai, theres no section for smash ultimate yet

You can play inside the Switch / Test arena.

Reactions: xdarkmario

Kazumal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current reinx kip does not support xlink as far as I know. There is a link pinned on the xlink discord with the new version for other fw, but no reinx version of that just yet.. sigh. so cant check it out just yet! All in due time ... :)

Last edited by Kazumal,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current reinx kip does not support xlink as far as I know. There is a link pinned on the xlink discord with the new version for other fw, but no reinx version of that just yet.. sigh. so cant check it out just yet! All in due time ... :)
I thought xlink doesn’t support cfw, by cfw I mean this kip,that’s why I never installed it yet, is that not the case anymore.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought xlink doesn’t support cfw, by cfw I mean this kip,that’s why I never installed it yet, is that not the case anymore.
ldn_mitm 1.1.0 has official Kai support.

FWIW I updated my excessively long post on page 6 to reflect the changes that have occurred in the weeks since I originally wrote it.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
BUT, i can play but my friends legit switch cannot find anyone, sure he dosent need a hacked switch for this?
Well I believe you can't play with legit switches if you have to use a kip file in certain games (you can play some Mario Kart or ARMS for example because these games include a proper LAN mode but Smash Bros does not)
Still waiting to see if it will be possible to play with legit switches one day tho but I'm not sure of that

Reactions: xdarkmario

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I believe you can't play with legit switches if you have to use a kip file in certain games (you can play some Mario Kart or ARMS for example because these games include a proper LAN mode but Smash Bros does not)
Still waiting to see if it will be possible to play with legit switches one day tho but I'm not sure of that
Ah, got it.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the latest ldn just to realize the one I downloaded was possibly just for reinx ldn 1.1.1 for lan gui because I couldn’t find anyone, even after closing xlink,will get the other one tomorrow, it’s not the same version number but I think that’s the one for atmosphere.This thing seems to be updated frequently, the version I’ve been on was ldn 0.3, something like that but now I’m a bit confused where do I put the nor, do I put that anywhere on my sd card. I just downloaded xlink and was wondering if that’s what the nor file is for. Xlink did say I was reachable.

Kazumal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having some issues with this and smash. not sure if its the kip / my connection / who im trying to connect with.

Can find games / join without issue. However upon game launch I get the connection error and the match just ends.

Any suggestions? Or any way to further troubleshoot the issue?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having some issues with this and smash. not sure if its the kip / my connection / who im trying to connect with.

Can find games / join without issue. However upon game launch I get the connection error and the match just ends.

Any suggestions? Or any way to further troubleshoot the issue?
Bubbles! Buddy where have ya been? The fuckin kittys are tearing up the Shed-N-Breakfast buddy, Barb is goin nuts!

Have you tried different servers? What happens in other wireless play games like Diablo or Rocket League?
Do LAN games like MK8 work fine?

Kazumal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bubbles! Buddy where have ya been? The fuckin kittys are tearing up the Shed-N-Breakfast buddy, Barb is goin nuts!

Have you tried different servers? What happens in other wireless play games like Diablo or Rocket League?
Do LAN games like MK8 work fine?

Haha almost missed Bubbles in your pic .. damn Randy needs to lay off those cheeseburgers.

I have tried in a couple of the US servers but one appears to be offline. Also had the same experience using Kai.

Havent tried any other games just yet. Mostly due to lack of people.. what version do most play MK8 on? I have it but not updated.

Update: Did try with MK8 .. all is working well. However that isnt using the kip its just using lan mode. using latest 1.1.1 kip atmosphere and reinx both having issues with smash.

Update 2 : so assuming its on my end gonna go get me a ethernet adapter and try try again lol

Last edited by Kazumal,
D

Deleted User

is it just me or are the sx-os instructions not clear? Do we need idn file with sx-os or not? Terrible

No, all you need is the 2.5.1 boot.dat file on your microsd. When you open up the Album, the TX menu will show. Goto options in the TX menu, and enable the wireless internet play option.
That's it

SX-OS-2.5-feature.png

Last edited by ,

Roger66681

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial on making a server for this? I know about the server list, but was wondering how to go about getting my own server. Also, how do you specify what game your actually in? Would love the feedback!

Cubuss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by Cubuss,
Reactions: Roger66681

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users