ldn_mitm - Play local wireless supported games online

upload_2018-12-7_13-51-15.png

Whether lurking on an older firmware, banned from online activities, or unwilling to fork out for Nintendo's Switch Online, a lot of us find ourselves stuck in the void of single-player gaming. The release of switch-lan-play opened doors previously closed, allowing us to play a select list of games online regardless of bans and subscriptions. Taking another step forwards, we have ldn_mitm: a custom kip to break the final chains, to allow almost every game supporting local wireless to be enjoyed online.

Requirements:
  1. Atmosphère 0.8.0+ SXOS 2.5 Beta+
  2. switch-lan-play (setup guide)
  3. ldn_mitm
How to Use (Atmosphere):
  1. Download the zip from the release pages.
  2. Extract the zip to your sd card,
  3. Boot up Atmosphere with fusee primary.bin
  4. Start your game of choice, and select local wireless play
  5. (Optional) Use official Switch-lan-play discord to match make and find other players,

How to Use (SXOS):
  1. Download the latest SXOS. Here
  2. Go to SX Menu then to options.
  3. Enable ldn_mitm,
  4. Go in-game and select the Wireless Play Option (If you see an L in your WiFi bars that means that the kip did not load and that you need to reboot)
You can find a list of currently tested games here.

It is recommended to only use ldn_mitm and lan-play.exe from their official releases, third-party apps and homebrew are not supported.

K0aQEb0.png

B02KFiY.jpg

:arrow: Github
:arrow: Discord
:download: Download

Last edited by Cubuss,

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I made sure it was toggled correctly. My friend (same one that I mentioned in my post that had it working) had the same issue as me...just stopped working all of a sudden and he had to reboot.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Question...I wonder if it would be possible to get a non hacked Switch to join in on a game that was hosted by a hacked Switched (on the same wifi network) and also allow someone else across the internet (also with a hacked switch) to also join.

I have three switches in my household...all but one are hacked (not touching that one due to needing to play online with it) and would like to somehow get a 4 player game of Splatoon going with a friend who lives elsewhere.

I'm thinking it SHOULD work as long as the game is hosted by a switch that is local to the non hacked Switch...but not sure if that server running in promiscuous mode and listening to all the packets will interfere somehow.

Let us know! I'm curious too

chwsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it worked by merging, Smash still corrupts, but all my other games play fine, and I can access the hbloader menu. I'm just gonna download a brand new official smash nsp and hope that fixes it.

Last edited by chwsp,

WonderBoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'm not sure how this works exactly but I am on the latest Atmosphere and there is already a kips_patches folder inside the atmosphere folder... Do I put the Kip file in there or do I still need a separate "kips" folder to be created/

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant use any version of this, whenever i sue it my switch cant boot anymore until remove it.(reinx) and one time i got one to boot whenever i select a game to play local like mario kart or smash bros i get a error code

Cubuss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

WonderBoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I did

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk
I gave up. Considering Atmosphere is the "standard" for CFW and the fact that I can't see how this works with Atmosphere 0.8.2 (and I'm no idiot when it comes to these things) I just figured any other layman would have absolutely no hope of getting this working so fck it .Will carry on with my single player games until a more user friendly version that clearly instructs on how to run it on the latest Atmosphere release is made .this is just way too much hassle.

ReikaRin

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I gave up. Considering Atmosphere is the "standard" for CFW and the fact that I can't see how this works with Atmosphere 0.8.2 (and I'm no idiot when it comes to these things) I just figured any other layman would have absolutely no hope of getting this working so fck it .Will carry on with my single player games until a more user friendly version that clearly instructs on how to run it on the latest Atmosphere release is made .this is just way too much hassle.

you just need to put the kip file in 'kips' folder inside atmosphere, simple as that

deepweed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I dont know why but sx os stoped working yesterday for me i can join server but cant see others rooms or others mine. Was working before great looks like sx os needs update

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the deal with this??:angry: does this even work with reinx? i get frustrated when im doing everything correct and its not working despite me following ALL the instructions. does anyone have this working? and if so, what OS, what, cfw, and what dongle (if used) all this does is freezing my switch on boot whenever i boot with it.

Kazumal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xdarkmario you need to you the Reinx version of the KIP. Check github

Oh btw.. new kip seems to work with smash+ xlink kai. still waiting on the reinx version to test though.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found the issue. in the debug logs it was something about ftp error. and i have a ftp kip installed. so it looks looks the 2 kips are incompatible with each other. i have it working now. also @Kazumal how do us do this with x link kai, theres no section for smash ultimate yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...