Netherlands
    Seems like Pokemon sword and shield is working with ldn_mitm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Xyphoseos likes this.
  2. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Amazing!! Who's down for some raid battles??

3. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Can not get this to work on latest Atmosphere and Switch firmware versions. Just hangs at the Nintendo Switch screen after I reboot and I have to delete everything.

Csmrcc likes this.
  4. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Same for me, maybe there is some sort of conflict with another kips?

Anyone knows if it would work with ringfit? I mean the net features. I guess not because there is no local multiplayer?
    Thank you guys

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  5. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Figured it out. You have to disable ftpd module to fix it.

Csmrcc likes this.
  6. ShyPlox

ShyPlox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey I’m having the same issue did u try booting with fusee primary

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How do I got about doing that ? Also do I need to boot into fusee primary

7. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    i guess you disable it via kosmos toolbox? i delete temporaly the ftp module in modules folder but anyway always crashed at power on :(

8. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    delete other sysmodules as well. Do you have things like emuiibo installed? ldn and emuiibo don't play nice.

9. RattletraPM

RattletraPM GBATemp's official 蒸気イーブイ
    Reporter

Italy
    ldn_mitm 1.2.7 has been released with the fix already included. Please use the official version instead of the one attached in this post.
    I think I've found a fix for ldn_mitm's crashes (error 2011-0301) with Sword/Shield. I haven't made a PR on spacemeowx2's repo as I've only had the chance to try it in action with these games so I don't know whether it's a proper fix or not, but if you only plan to play Pokémon with it, then I've done some pretty extensive testing and I didn't have to reboot the console once in the span of several hours. If anyone wants to check it out, I've attached a modded build here as well as the source file that's been changed you can check the source over at my ldn_mitm fork here.

Keep in mind this has only been tested on FW 9.0.1 & vanilla Atmosphère 0.9.4 and, even if both a KIP and NSP are available, I've only ever used the NSP version in my tests - no idea if the KIP works. Installation and usage instructions are the same as any other build. If you need ldnmitm_config.nro, you can use the same one from the latest official release.

If you're interested in the technical details, here's a more in-depth explanation:
    The crashes happened due to a memory leak related to the sysmodule's worker threads. When exiting one of the said threads, ldn_mitm erroneously calls svcExitThread before workerThread.Join which makes the latter fail to exit cleanly and free is resources (return code 5977) and that causes the aforementioned leak. After some time, the sysmodule runs out of free memory and, thus, it becomes unable to create new worker threads (threadCreate return code 559, aka LibnxError_OutOfMemory). That's why you must reset the console once it crashes to make it work again.

Unless I misunderstood what the code does, calling svcExitThread shouldn't be needed at all because Join already waits for a thread to be done executing and then terminates it cleanly (in a nutshell, it first calls threadWaitForExit and then threadClose) so all this mod does is it just removes the svcExitThread call - so far, I haven't seen any adverse effects by doing so after around 24 hours of mixed online gameplay/idling, nor any Join/threadCreate errors in the logs. An issue like this wouldn't be limited to Pokémon only and old logs seem to confirm it, however, the crashes likely only popped up now because Pokémon sends a metric crapton of stuff over the network compared to the other Switch games, thus exhausting the available memory more quickly.

The module has been built from the master branch (commit f962ebc) with the included libstratosphere & latest stable libnx (2.5.0).

Errors 2618-0502 and 2618-0006 can sometimes (rather rarely) pop up but they're not the same as 2011-0301 and you do not need to restart your console to fix them: they pretty much only tend to happen when joining/leaving an event and the Switch will reconnect automatically after either waiting a bit or by entering another in-game area - check if you can access the Y-Comm to confirm whether you've reconnected successfully. If you still get other weird errors, make sure you're on FW 9.0.1 w/ Atmosphère 0.9.4 (earlier FW/AMS versions might cause strange behaviour in official builds as well).

Hopefully this helps and, if so, please let me know ^_^

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Cubuss, Jonhy and mixelpixx like this.
  10. zamara9

zamara9 Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    hi rattletra where put this lan_discovery.cpp???? what folder ? and where is the module what i delete?

11. RattletraPM

Reporter

Italy
    lan_discovery.cpp is the modified source file, ignore it unless you're a developer.

If you're using the NSP version (recommended) download ldn_mitm-swshfix_NSP.zip from my post and extract its contents to your SD card (overwrite any files if asked). On the other hand, if you wish to use the KIP (untested, not recommended) first go to the atmosphere\kips folder on your SD and, if it exists, delete the old ldn_mitm KIP (if the folder doesn't exist, create it) then place the new one from ldn_mitm-swshfix_KIP.zip there.

You should only install one version, either the NSP or KIP, not both. Once you're done, you can proceed with the rest of the configuration as usual (running the lan-play client on your PC, configuring the Switch's Wi-Fi network, etc.)

(Also remember that the above instructions are only for Atmosphere - although you can likely get the sysmodule to work under Kosmos too by following them. You'll have to use some different paths if you run ReiNX and god knows if SX OS even lets you override its built-in ldn_mitm with something else).

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  12. raulls

raulls Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    everytime i try trade with someone,i will get error 2011-0301, few moments latter game will freeze/crash.

if i try join some raid, error 2618-0502

ldm 1.2.6 ,lan-play 0.2.6, 9.0.1/0.9.4 atmosphere, and am not using vpn

any idea whats happenning?

13. RattletraPM

Reporter

Italy
    Yes, see my post here.

zamara9 likes this.
  14. raulls

raulls Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    sry, didnt saw it before, i will try it later, just asking, if i put ldn_mitm-swshfix on sd, i dont need use kip files?

15. RattletraPM

Reporter

Italy
    Yes, it's like any other build, just drag and drop the files on the SD card and overwrite the old ones. Make sure to read the rest of the post if you encounter other errors.
    (And it should go without saying but hey - it's an unofficial build, don't go complain to the devs if something's broken! Please let me know if it worked for tho, so I can confirm it's all good and I'll make a PR on ldn_mitm's GitHub repo)

16. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Guatemala
    So how do I use it on sx os ? Can you tell please

17. abilaunken

abilaunken Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Wait, i aways think that ldn_mitm just need to search for local players, lan-play is another solution...
    For pokemon its just put the last 1.2.6 kip and ready to go?

18. RattletraPM

Reporter

Italy
    I don't use SX OS and I very much doubt you can override its built-in modules with something else.

Agusto101 likes this.
  19. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    based RattletraPM saves online!

Thank you very, very much!

RattletraPM likes this.
  20. Helios5999

Helios5999 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Wait so is the .exe mandatory? And would I be able to use it to play with friends on a patched switch?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - supported, ldn_mitm, wireless