LCD Issue in GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by PokeAcer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. PokeAcer
    OP

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Hi people,
    I broke my LCD when replacing the case, so I bought an LCD - stupid me however bought a 32pin for my 40pin GBA. I then bought an adapter, and connected the GBA to the LCD, however when I attempt to turn it on, the green and red flicker like they're dying, then shut off. It doesn't happen when the screen is not connected, only when it is connected.

If anyone knows how to fix (or if you have a 40pin screen you'd trade me for the 32pin; the seller said it works fine but I don't have a 32pin to test with), that'd be awesome! :D

2. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    It may not be your Screen nor your Pin adapter.
    I've seen many GBA to GBA SP mods (actually backwards) when they put an GBASP screen to a FAT GBA and use those pin adapters.
    It maaaaaay be one of these things:

- It's caused by your adapter, maybe one of its pins are bended or something.
    - It may be a faulty voltage issue, when they're not receiving enough energy to work properly.
    - It may be the LCD itself.
    - It may be your GBA motherboard.

I say the fourth one because I bought a second hand GBA in a street market and the green/red led flicks AF too. And whenever I press START the LED turns completely RED and when I let go START it turns Green.
    By opening the GBA I found that the motherboard is VERY OXIDATED. So I can't fix it, only if I replace everything, and honestly, it's not worth it.
    Take a look at common issues with GBA LCD screens.

PokeAcer likes this.
  3. PokeAcer
    OP

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Weirdly, it was fine before I changed the LCD; the reason I did was because the layer on the top of the old one (the thing that says "Game Boy Advance") was just terrible, and it cracked when trying to remove it how iFixIt said to :|

4. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I'd wiggle the contacts in the battery compartment, on the right side. Sounds like one may be loose. My light flickers red then green, but that's because of my flash cart. If I put fresh batteries in, it'll stay solid green for a few hours. Weird shot can happen when you just change a housing. My psp has a stuck L trigger and I can't fix it.