LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy Comes To The 3DS This October

Layton-Mystery-Journey-1.jpg

An all-new adventure packed with puzzles, mystery and humour introduces Katrielle Layton, daughter of the famous professor, and her canine sidekick Sherl!

Initially released for Android and iOS this July, LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy is now coming to the 3DS this October 6th.

With Professor Layton’s whereabouts unknown, it’s time for his daughter Katrielle to take centre-stage in this new title, which marks the tenth anniversary of the popular mystery-puzzle game series. Determined to prove her worth and hoping that the exposure will help her to uncover clues regarding her missing father’s whereabouts. Whizzing around London on her trusty bicycle, solving case after unlikely case, Katrielle will become embroiled in a quizzical quest that eventually leads to her unwitting discovery of the Millionaires’ Conspiracy. But she’s not alone in her endeavours – a young Gressenheller student by the name of Ernest Greeves joins the agency as her assistant, and the team quickly grows to three when Sherl, a talking dog, becomes Katrielle’s first client and subsequently a trusty sidekick.

The Nintendo 3DS version of the game includes more puzzles than any game in the Layton series thus far, and what’s more, bonus puzzles will be available to download daily for one year, starting from launch day*. With additional minigames to round out the package, puzzle fans will find plenty to keep their brains occupied as they explore the charming and visually rich world of LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy.

Discover the truth for yourself when LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy comes to Nintendo 3DS family systems on 6th October!

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why would you want to buy it for 3ds when you can have it on your phone ^^V

Game is good thats for sure, like any other layton game.
even though its a little bit weird that they have micro transaction to buy dresses for the girl

Last edited by Youkai,

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Old news was that it's coming "this October".
New news is that it's coming on October 6th.

Edit:
Oh you're sneaky, you edited your post. It used to say "This is old news" or something along those lines.

Last edited by Lycan911,
Reactions: webbychaos

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's just dumb they have held the 3ds version back for so long when you can get the exact same game on android/ios. Why is anyone going to wait and pay 30 pounds for a game they can get on their phone for half the price. By the time the 3ds version is out I will have finished the game on my phone lol which I may or may not have got for free including all paid for content.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

even though its a little bit weird that they have micro transaction to buy dresses for the girl

3DS feels more like the real deal to some (looking at my gf that's sitting next to me right now). I'd rather want to play it on the 3DS as well. Just because.

And btw, people have been busy working on translations of the Japanese 3DS rom that's already available. There's an English version that has at least all the scripts and the videos added.

I'm working on such a translation myself, but with the other languages that are available in the European mobile version of the game. Already figured out the archive in which the scripts are stored and how to swap them with those of the iOS version. Sadly, I'm not a great coder so don't think I could create a tool to make it less of a hassle to swap 1500 files for each language... at least until the game comes out over here anyway. If anyone wants to help out, it'd be very nice and helpful.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: AutumnWolf

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I still don't really want to play these newer games because they scream cash grab.
Wasn't azran legacy the last? What happened to that? Did they realize that there is still a lot of money in this IP?
That just screams to me not-top-notch-production.

And also the fact that Akira Tago did pass away, so he's not writing the puzzles anymore.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Why would you want to buy it for 3ds when you can have it on your phone

I´d rather play it on my 3DS...

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3DS feels more like the real deal to some (looking at my gf that's sitting next to me right now). I'd rather want to play it on the 3DS as well. Just because.

And btw, people have been busy working on translations of the Japanese 3DS rom that's already available. There's an English version that has at least all the scripts and the videos added.

I'm working on such a translation myself, but with the other languages that are available in the European mobile version of the game. Already figured out the archive in which the scripts are stored and how to swap them with those of the iOS version. Sadly, I'm not a great coder so don't think I could create a tool to make it less of a hassle to swap 1500 files for each language... at least until the game comes out over here anyway. If anyone wants to help out, it'd be very nice and helpful.
Nice, are the filenames Japanese? Are there any naming schemes like script001, script002 etc. ?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, are the filenames Japanese? Are there any naming schemes like script001, script002 etc. ?

The filenames are mostly shortened English words and numerals.
Scripts are like 00_000010.xs, 00_000020.xs, 01_010101.xs, 01_010110.xs and so on with the first numbers representing the chapter they are used in... I guess. They are also stored in folders named 00, 01 and so on. At least that's how it is in the iOS version (which you can download to your PC after buying it on iTunes and unpack easily with 7zip).

However, in the 3DS version those files are stored within an archive called lt6_jp.fa. Though they stored in one single file, they are not compressed compared to their iOS counterparts. Overwriting the text files is possible, but keep in mind that if you alter the filesize you will need to adjust the table of contents (it stores the position and length of every file in little-endian without any further obfuscations).

Last edited by Axido,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: