Layeredfs literally doesnt work at all, is it still supported?

sinisterror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Layeredfs is enabled on default" no mods ever load no matter what i do, im trying to get mods to load on super mario 3d world but nothing happens, so is it even possible to load mods on the switch? Because apparently not

I have my folder branch as atmosphere/contents/010028600EBDA000/ I've tried the szs folders in the oject data folder and ive tried them on their own, ive tried simple mod manager (with the mods folder at the root of sd card), i looked at loader.ini to maker sure nothing was screwed up, ive tried not using certain mods, so what the actual fuck is preventing me from using mods?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Some things mentioned in the older posts here :
  • Check the mods are correctly installed on atmosphere/contents/<game_id>/romfs/ and then follow the structure needed for each game.
  • Verify that the override_config.ini file is located on atmosphere/config. If the override is set to a key (usually L), you MUST press L BEFORE launching the game and the keep it press till the black screen appears. Only then you can release the button.
  • If the override is set to a not-key (meaning the button has a !, f.e. !L) that means that the mods will be applied by default. In this case, if you keep the button pressed while loading the game, the mods WILL NOT load.

• Use SimpleModManager for mods. It's easier than everything else.
Also various people mention that you need to have the right game version for the mod to work.
But I presume that if title ids match, then you're good to go.

sinisterror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some things mentioned in the older posts here :

Also various people mention that you need to have the right game version for the mod to work.
But I presume that if title ids match, then you're good to go.
you were right about checking the folder structure, layeredfs works fine with acnh so i didn't think that the game files would have to be so specific for them to load: I had atmosphere/contents/010028600EBDA000/ the mod files instead of atmosphere/contents/010028600EBDA000/romfs/ the main root folders and so on and now my mod is working!

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

sinisterror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might have to change TitleID depending on updates or DLC. I discovered that when messing with neverwinter nights
i figured out the update changed the game title id itself in the switch from 010028600EBDA000 to 010028600EBDA800 but it turns out my problem was actually me assuming i only had to put the mod files in that folder for them to work, i had to specify the file path like the 010028600EBDA000/romfs/ObjectData/ etc, really good suggestion though! I should look out for that with other games

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i figured out the update changed the game title id itself in the switch from 010028600EBDA000 to 010028600EBDA800 but it turns out my problem was actually me assuming i only had to put the mod files in that folder for them to work, i had to specify the file path like the 010028600EBDA000/romfs/ObjectData/ etc, really good suggestion though! I should look out for that with other games
The title ID of the update shouldn't matter, it's lvly only the title ID of the base game that matters for the folder name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction