ROM Hack Question (LayeredFS) Is there a way to replace a sarc(.zs) file with a folder?

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im trying to replace some Villager names in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, they are in the "String_XXxx.sarc.zs", and if you open that file with the Switch Toolbox, you will find a "STR_NNpcName.msbt" in the Npc Folder.

If you replace the whole "String_XXxx.sarc.zs" and put it in atmosphere/contents/01006F8002326000/romfs/Message/String_XXxx.sarc.zs it works, but if a new update comes out with new item names they wont work because they are in a different location of the "String_XXxx.sarc.zs".
If you clear the "String_XXxx.sarc.zs" out and only include the "STR_NNpcName.msbt" in the Npc Folder, everything else will be blank and that also won't work.

Is it possible to create a folder instead of using the "String_XXxx.sarc.zs" so something like atmosphere/contents/01006F8002326000/romfs/Message/String_XXxx/Npc/STR_NNpcName.msbt could work?

andre_arthuzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I use this tool and with it I can create the folder and inside it the files in .msbt... and I use the msbt reloaded tool to make the translations. taking advantage of how can you make it work? i'm getting that title id error 0100010041544D530000.
I put file inside sdcard: / atmosphere / contents /01006F8002326000/romfs/Message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1