NULL

launching nsp asks to go online.

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by achetemele, May 20, 2019.

1. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain
    HI

i have recenlty updated my switch to 8.0.1 with latest reinx, i can install all the nsp but when i try to launch any game it asks me to go online, and you know what comes after that. am i doing something wrong? when i was with 7.0 i as able to launch some games (like soinc mania) but others (like mario odyssey or mario & rabbids didn't work).

anybody has a clue of how to proceed?.

and sorry if this post doesn't belong to here, feel free to move it /close it if it's like that.

2. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    The only issue I can see is it trying to update? This happens with ALL games? or just recently installed NSP's?

3. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain
    it happens with every game i have tried. i have read some forums about having two switches with the same account. i will look for it, i have 2 switches but i think i have both of them registered with different accounts.

4. nintendolinky

nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    You need to install the latest updates for the games. That’ll fix your issues.

5. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Does it tell you to connect to the internet to update the game?
    Or does it try to connect and fails due to no connection?
    The same happened to me with Doom, but I simply cancelled that prompt and continued with no issues.

6. Osga21

Osga21 Full Time Idiot

Jun 9, 2013
    Portugal
    Margem Sul
    If you don't want to bother with installing updates and just want the nags gone using 90DNS worked well for me, here's the post

7. rad0708

rad0708 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2012
    Taiwan
    I also encountered the same problem.

[我也遇到了同樣的問題]

Last edited by x65943, May 21, 2019 - Reason: Please type in English
  8. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain
    i tried 90NDS, if that means to change the DNS to the ones in that thread and the result is the same, it asks me to go online to chek the game and then got the error message.

9. CassioAug

CassioAug Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Have you installed sigpatches?

achetemele likes this.
  10. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain
    hum... some progress here, now the error message is 2155-8007, seems something related with the internet connection. could it be about 90NDS ????

i tried reinstalling the games with goldleaf and tinfoil and the messages i get are the same

11. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    What game is it that you are trying to launch?

12. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain
    super mario odyssey, mario & rabbids, rayman legends are the ones i have tried

13. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Enable Airplane mode and try again without any kind of internet connection.

14. CassioAug

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    If you installed sigpatches after the game, try uninstalling the game and install it again. Also, just to be sure, restart your console.

Please, update your situation here after you try it.

15. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain
    it asks me to go online to launch the game

as i said before, i tried reinstalling, i wil try to reboot now, it a bit complicated, as i have autoRCM enabled...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

restarted the console, reinstalled the games and the same error is appearing.

16. CassioAug

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Sorry, I quoted your post and for some reason the 2nd part wasn't quoted together (or I did something here and cut it out by mistake).

Actually, if you have AutoRCM enabled, restart it will be simplier. Just ask to restart and inject your payload.

And have you ever been able to play NSPs before, or it is the 1st time you're trying?

I'm asking this because I want to check if you bought your Switch used, or if there could possibly be another account attached to the console as the primary account. Cause if that's the case, you may need to unlink your console as primary in that said account, since it has to be attached to yours.

17. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Definitely should get into a habit of installing game updates in nsp files offline. Its a plus + for ya b/c you can play the game as normal and then theres bug fixes or additional content added.

18. achetemele
    OP

achetemele Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Spain

the switch was brand new when purchased, iwas able to play sonic mania while i was on FW 7.0.1 but i made the mistake to update in order to try to make mario odyssey and the other games work.

i have troubles to inject the payload because of the bad USB ports of my computer :rofl2:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sorry i don't understand the difference between ofline nsp and online ones.

19. CassioAug

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Brazil
    You can play Mario Odyssey in 7.0.1. I tell you this cause that's the version I currently am in. lol (and I do have the game installed, updated, and running just fine)

When you install your NSPs are you selecting to "ignore firmware version"? If not, you should.

Last edited by CassioAug, May 24, 2019
  20. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    thats the thing nsps arent meant for online you just install them without needing Nintendo services to update your games.