Homebrew Launching Homebrew on 11.5 n3ds with oothax not possible?

RamsusXIII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around for a few hours now and couldn't get an answer to this. I wanted to edit my Miitopia save so went to extract my save to do so. For the longest I would just use oothax to launch (which has worked for every system update for me until now) but now when I do, it hands at "ropbin is ready" and then crashes with "An error has occurred forcing the software to close"

I know doodlebomb is all the rage but I can't get to HBL to install that, and oothax hasn't been updated since January. Does it just not work anymore or has there been a simple change I'm missing that my searching has failed to uncover?

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, buddy! I've tried many times to use OOT 3D hax on 11.3+ firmware, and I believe it was patched. (Don't quote me on that, I could be wrong) I don't know if Basehax is patched or not, if you have a copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire hanging around? Let me know if I can help anymore!

P.S. (Are you using the ropbin downloaded from the 3ds homebrew website, with the exact 3ds system version, and region?)

Cheers!

Tepig.

A

a9lh-1user

It is posible i use it on a 2DS XL (Which comes with 11.4 and i updated it to 11.5).
Get the newest payload and install it to the card.
Thats it.

RamsusXIII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've dug deeper and realized what's needed is a newer hax save to go with the new payload. And yeah I'm using the proper ropbin and no, I no longer have a copy of ORAS

Edit to avoid double posting: That's strange. If it works on a 2DS XL it should work on a n3DS XL, right? Am I doing something wrong then? All you do is put the ropbin at the base of your SD card and rename it to "ropbin" right?

Last edited by RamsusXIII,

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, your right.... So you put in the right payload and ropbin... do you have the homebrew starter kit on your SD card root? I don't think it's needed, but I normally keep it on the root to see if it will boot.

Edit: Are you using powersaves to get the OOT 3D Hax save injected onto the game cartridge? (Assuming it's a cartridge.)

Last edited by TheTepig,

YoloSwagDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey there, buddy! I've tried many times to use OOT 3D hax on 11.3+ firmware, and I believe it was patched. (Don't quote me on that, I could be wrong) I don't know if Basehax is patched or not, if you have a copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire hanging around? Let me know if I can help anymore!

P.S. (Are you using the ropbin downloaded from the 3ds homebrew website, with the exact 3ds system version, and region?)

Cheers!

Tepig.
wait i have 11.5 and i want homebrew there is currently no way right? i have omega ruby and alpha sapphire but i need powersaves though? i need cfw

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait i have 11.5 and i want homebrew there is currently no way right? i have omega ruby and alpha sapphire but i need powersaves though? i need cfw
Hold on a second, let's take a step back. Do you have Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? You don't have powersaves... Hmm..... You need CFW on 11.5? That's not possible without hardmod from what I've seen. Homebrew might still be possible on 11.5, don't give up hope!

~Cheers!

Tepig.

RamsusXIII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, your right.... So you put in the right payload and ropbin... do you have the homebrew starter kit on your SD card root? I don't think it's needed, but I normally keep it on the root to see if it will boot.

Edit: Are you using powersaves to get the OOT 3D Hax save injected onto the game cartridge? (Assuming it's a cartridge.)

Yeah I used powersaves to get oothax onto a cart a while back after menuhax stopped working and I was using it since. It was only until 11.4 or so that it stopped working for me.

I get as far as here

OhHcPIh.png

then this happens

up8fkag.png

YoloSwagDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hold on a second, let's take a step back. Do you have Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? You don't have powersaves... Hmm..... You need CFW on 11.5? That's not possible without hardmod from what I've seen. Homebrew might still be possible on 11.5, don't give up hope!

~Cheers!

Tepig.
i own omega ruby dont have powersaves and dont have cfw, hope someone finds an exploit because i want cfw :/

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i own omega ruby dont have powersaves and dont have cfw, hope someone finds an exploit because i want cfw :/
Ah... Well, CFW is not possible, I'm sorry, friend....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I used powersaves to get oothax onto a cart a while back after menuhax stopped working and I was using it since. It was only until 11.4 or so that it stopped working for me.

I get as far as here

OhHcPIh.png

then this happens

up8fkag.png
Hello! First question, are you using the right payload? The right ropbin and such? That says 2016 -9- 13. I'm pretty sure there is a newer version.

~Cheers!

Tepig.

YoloSwagDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Hello! First question, are you using the right payload? The right ropbin and such? That says 2016 -9- 13. I'm pretty sure there is a newer version.

~Cheers!

Tepig.

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboothax)
i seem this it says you need a ds flashcart i have an r4i 3ds and it needs another ds with cfw my brothers has cfw and a magnet thats easy but it says its not released yet do you know if it will be released soon

TheTepig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RamsusXIII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

~Cheers!

Tepig.

Pretty sure I am. I just grabbed the latest one from smea's site and it comes out as N3DS_U_28673_usa_9221. The only other thing I can think of is that the ropbin isn't in the right place?

YoloSwagDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
its a
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases Here, use that link and download the .zip file. Next, put that in your 3DS file on the root of the CFW 3ds (If you can use it) then, put OOT3D in the CFW 3ds, and launch homebrew. After you do so, run the OOT3D Hax installer.

Hope this helps!

~Cheers!

Tepig.
my oot its an eshop download so it wont work will it? :/ will a physical omega ruby work?

Last edited by YoloSwagDux,

YoloSwagDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases Here, use that link and download the .zip file. Next, put that in your 3DS file on the root of the CFW 3ds (If you can use it) then, put OOT3D in the CFW 3ds, and launch homebrew. After you do so, run the OOT3D Hax installer.

Hope this helps!

~Cheers!

Tepig.
my oot its an eshop download so it wont work will it? :/ will a physical omega ruby work?

Last edited by YoloSwagDux,

YoloSwagDux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users