Hacking Launching Homebew Launcher on startup with a9lh?

cebolleto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I bought a New 3DS XL recently and it comes with Luma 3DS installed and the last firmware (11.4)
The console is great and I no longer need to use any flashcards, besides the system switches on really fast as expected from arm9loader.

The problem I have is that in my O3DS I was still using menuhax to directly enter the Homebrew launcher on startup. This was very convenient for developers because I can use 3dslink really fast and send new builds from my pc to my console in just a few seconds even when the system was crashing

I know I can do the same with FBI, but then I need to launch FBI, wait for it to start, select the option to receceive it over the wifi, exit, open the package, launch it... let's just say it is not the same

So I've been trying to launch HBL but it doesn't work since the new console is on 11.4 (I could use Cubic Ninja but that takes even more time to init). It is very likely that it will be updated soon with the new payloads but then nintendo will release a new firmware and I'll be screwed again

Running out of ideas I thought maybe I could install an emunand on 9.2 and configure menuhax there to launch HBL but again it seems I cannot downgrade my emunand because it is 11.4

Does anyone have any ideas how I could get this done? Or is it just not posible?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country

cebolleto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In 9.2 I could setup menuhax again
besides... is the homebrew launcher working on 11.4? I tested it yesterday and got a black screen

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh/luma, just install the hbl loader cia. It works pretty much flawlessly. Best homebrew entrypoint for those with cfw. Honestly though, with cfw, you wont be using homebrew launcher all that much once you find out all the things you can do with cfw.

It works on 11.4 just get the latest otherapp.bin from the github.

Last edited by V0ltr0n,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
besides... is the homebrew launcher working on 11.4? I tested it yesterday and got a black screen
Yes is the short answer, it does work. Long answer is that smea finally updated the 11.4 payloads but those only work for the n3ds so for the o3ds you have to use an updated version of Luma and rename either the 11.2 or 11.3 payloads to the 11.4 payload and it will work again like normal. And using the updated hbl cia is reguired.

Edit: by required I mean if your gonna use the .cia to launch homebrew than it has to be updated you can use any entry point but hbl.cia is the fastest on cfw I think.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country

yes it should be working. you can use 3Down https://gbatemp.net/threads/3down-ctrnand-downgrade.467877/ to get your 3ds to 11.3

there is no reason to downgrade all the way to 9.2 just to have menuhax since you already have a9lh, but if you really want you you can make an emunand, downgrade that to 9.2 (or last fw where menuhax works 11.2 I believe) and have luma3ds autoboot to that.

cebolleto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, it is working now on my sysnand 11.4
But still I think I am gonna try to donwgrade my emunand to 11.2 and setup menuhax :)

Thanks everyone!

cebolleto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally downgraded to 9.2 since menuhax doesn't start automatically on 11.2.
Now everything is working as I wanted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup