Hardware Launching for $/€499 / £429? Are they serious?

Wintrale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They said it'd be $499 US dollars.

I know. I put that. I just find it funny we're going to have to pay $170 more. I guess it's too much to ask of Microsoft to release the Xbox One in the UK for the same price as America. £309.99 would be an awful lot more attractive to consumers, y'know?

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are kidding, right?

It is a BRAND NEW, cutting-edge console. Of course it's going to be expensive. FFS

Sure they could make it $300, but then you'd have the WiiU, and you'd be complaining about lack of "graphics" instead.

EDIT - Yeah, the cost in the UK does suck. You guys get perpetually boned by the gaming industry for whatever reason.

Reactions: chavosaur

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Costs more in the UK than the PS3.

I stick to what I said a few weeks back, I think PS4 will win this gen with Wii U coming in 2nd. I can't see XBO doing anymore than 50m honestly. Don't think Sony or Nintendo have anything to worry about, and I can't see PS4 being more than $400. The Kinect is definitely why XBO costs that much.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all sony need's to do i sell their ps4 as lets say $450 and sell the games at $50 and they'll beat Microsoft.
what i mean is that i know alot of people that bought one system over another because it was cheaper

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
£429 in a shite climate will equal WiiU sales at xmas. TBH i wasnt impressed one or two exclusives looked ok but none of it looked wow i must have that console . A 360 is a much better buy i reckon.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
499 Euro = 660$.... Dafuq? o.O The Xbone is a pass for me... It's too much sentered for American people with all it's TV show stuff and I don't like all the addons its having like both Kinect and SmartGlass :wacko: Reminds me of the Sega Genisis with it's 32x and CD addons :P

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costs more in the UK than the PS3.

I stick to what I said a few weeks back, I think PS4 will win this gen with Wii U coming in 2nd. I can't see XBO doing anymore than 50m honestly. Don't think Sony or Nintendo have anything to worry about, and I can't see PS4 being more than $400. The Kinect is definitely why XBO costs that much.

Gaming (as with computing) is no longer just about the console. It's about the entire ecosystem. As of this generation, the Microsoft ecosystem is much better and much more reliable (quantifiably) than Sony's. Even if Sony DOES end up having a superior console, that's not necessarily the be all and end all.

Also, Sony has announced that it will NOT be making a loss on hardware sales this generation. Good luck with that ~$400 price tag. We will see tonight, though.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...