Homebrew Launching FE: Fates in HANS sends me back to Homebrew menu w/o errors?

themidnightluxrat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new, so im sorry if this wasn't the right place to ask this ;w;...

While trying to play the Gay Fates hack by running the game through HANS, it cut back to the Homebrew menu without any error messages or warning at all. I knew I had followed every step in preparing the .romfs file correctly (since it had worked fine for Gay Awakening), so as a test I ran the game through HANS without it. It STILL cut back to the Homebrew menu, meaning that HANS is having some sort of problem running my FE: Fates game. Is there any way to fix this? I heard that a mistake in a .code file would lead to the same results, but I'm not using one so I'm at a loss as to what to do about this.

D

Deleted User

If your using cfw, you can't use hans. You have to be on a unhacked system, or loading a unhacked firmware

Last edited by ,

themidnightluxrat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your using cfw, you can't use hans. You have to be on a unhacked system, or loading a unhacked firmware
I'm not using cfw, just plain ol' Homebrew. I thought abt it once, but ultimately decided against it... I bought my Fates copy off of the E-Shop, so it hasn't been hacked in any sort of way.

Last edited by themidnightluxrat,
D

Deleted User

I'm not using cfw, just plain ol' Homebrew. I thought abt it once, but ultimately decided against it.
Then something has to be setup wrong. I don't know what would be wrong then. (also you could just use god mode to copy your native firm, and then through fastboot, you could set it up as a boot option. Which would allow both stock 3ds firm, and luma cfw)

D

Deleted User

Would you reconsider hacking your 3DS with custom firmware if it meant that was the only way to play Gay Fates? It's free using the Frogminer or Fredminer methods.
I would consider against it. If it's a older mod that only used hans, there is no method (I'm aware of) to convert a hans mod to a luma mod. And luma doesn't work with hans

themidnightluxrat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(just pretend im replying since the forums wont let me for some reason bc of some "new member" status thing oops asdfghjkl)

While CFW seems like a very good option, I'd rather not risk hacking my 3DS more than I need to since I like to go to Play!Pokemon events and other similar things. I think I'm gonna try the God Mode suggestion first, but if that doesn't work then I'll definitely look into installing Luma. Thanks!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(just pretend im replying since the forums wont let me for some reason bc of some "new member" status thing oops asdfghjkl)

While CFW seems like a very good option, I'd rather not risk hacking my 3DS more than I need to since I like to go to Play!Pokemon events and other similar things. I think I'm gonna try the God Mode suggestion first, but if that doesn't work then I'll definitely look into installing Luma. Thanks!
Hold on a minute. You said GodMode9. That would mean your 3DS is hacked already or would need to be hacked.

Custom firmware does not have to interfere with your pokemon play events (whatever that is). Just don't cheat online, and you'll stay golden.

themidnightluxrat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on a minute. You said GodMode9. That would mean your 3DS is hacked already or would need to be hacked.

Custom firmware does not have to interfere with your pokemon play events (whatever that is). Just don't cheat online, and you'll stay golden.
Oh, it doesn't work with just Homebrew? Well that changes things I guess, and if it won't be immediately obvious when someone checks it then I guess I'll try it. I'd just rather not go through the effort of getting something I don't need/wouldn't really use... but I suppose it's my only option at this point.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, it doesn't work with just Homebrew?
GM9, as the name implies, is an "arm9 homebrew" - which effectively means it's its own operating system;

a "CFW", as far as the common definition in the 3DS scene is, is simply an arm9 homebrew whose main purpose is to load the official 3DS kernel (which is also, in part, an arm9 program), apply some changes to it, then run the modified copy

These days, arm9 homebrews are commonly in .firm format, and run automatically at console boot via an "entrypoint" installed in internal storage (such as boot9strap, fastboot3ds, etc) or on a DS card (ntrboot)
(Note that there actually can be significant overlap between these definitions, with cfws that have the ability to select and run other .firm files, with potentially any .firm file being installable in the place of an entrypoint, etc - this is just the common usage)

And anything you install can be removed, quite painlessly if you are smart and keep a full nand (internal storage) backup of your unmodified console, but you can even do without

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg