Arfman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, final attempt to get this working.

I have a launch Wii, which was fitted with a Wiikey1, which is at firmware 1.9s. I tried NSMB on it, after 1 or 2 levels a black screen pops up which reads "An error has occurred. Please remove the disc and reset your Wii" (not literal as I have a Dutch Wii, so this is my translation). I understood this has to do with Wiikey 1 not being able to run NSMB.

So I followed the softmodding guide here, which worked like a charm (never done that before). So I now have the HBC, NeoGamma launcher, WAD Manager, a bunch of cIOS stuff (whatever that is), Wii FW 4.2E, in short: the works.

So then I tried NSMB again, still the same error. I then tried launching via NeoGamma R7, still the same error. I then updated to NeoGamma R8B15, still the same error after a few levels. Burned NSMB again to be sure, didn't help either.

My question is simple: I still have the Wiikey fitted. Does it need to be removed to avoid detection by NSMB, or have I done something wrong with the softmod? Are there any people with a Wiikey fitted who CAN run NSMB? I get mixed replies in other threads, so I started this thread to finally get an answer.

Can anyone please shed some light on this?

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wiikey fitted and I can run the fixed iso through Neogamma R7 with cIOS rev14
smile.gif

Arfman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, I don't really know what you guys are talking about
blink.gif

IOS249 I saw during my softmod process, just like IOS250. I don't know about the error 002 fix though.

Since I posted this, I have done 2 things and I was able to play NSMB for about 20 minutes. Since it always blackscreened me after about 10, I *think* I fixed the problem. Just to be helpful, here is what I did (man, this Wii hacking scene sure has come a long way since I was "active" in it, softmodding is new to me, IOS stuff is new, it's kinda hard to make up 2 years of negligence in 2 days, but here goes):

-Use Pimp my Wii 1.32. This found a few missing IOSses, a "stub" one and one that was apparently unpatched for the Trucha Bug. I followed the softmodding guide for dummies to the letter, so I don't really know whether to trust PMW or the softmod guide, but I let PMW fix these alleged errors. Still no dice, NSMB blackscreened me after about 10 minutes.

-Then I installed NeoGamma R8B12 (so not the latest 15, but 12). Started up NSMB, played for about 20 minutes.

So either NeoGamma R8B12 fixed my problem, or a combination of NeoGamma R8B12 and Pimp my Wii did the trick (I only tried NeoGamma R8B12 *after* PMW, so no way of telling if only NeoGamma was the solution, unfortunately). There is also a slight possibility that the problem still isn't fixed and I got just lucky once, I will let you know how it fares from here.

Appreciate the help and hopefully my steps will help some other lost soul out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi