Homebrew Launch Title Without Closing Current App?

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Using NINJHAX, broweserHAX, 3ds, and/or service patching could I launch a title installed on the system or contained on a cart without killing my code? I have a few things I would like to try if this is reasonable, needing a cfw seems overboard for this.

From what I read on 3dbrew it seems to be possable, but there are not many details about it.

Thanks!

Edit:
I should be more clear, I would just need a little bit of code to not be cleared, for some patching and extra features. I do not need evrything running, I *should* not even need a thread in the background.

Reactions: Margen67

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NINJHAX, broweserHAX, 3ds, and/or service patching could I launch a title installed on the system or contained on a cart without killing my code? I have a few things I would like to try if this is reasonable, needing a cfw seems overboard for this.

From what I read on 3dbrew it seems to be possable, but there are not many details about it.

Thanks!
So you want to be able to do something like the web browser, where you can open it up, look search for codes or whatever, and then close it to return to your game? Hmm... (I have very little knowledge about the 3DS' inner workings, but) I would imagine there's some RAM/CPU power dedicated to the system, with free enough space for the web browser, in order for it to run alongside a game. It might be theoretically possible to gut one of the system apps, like the web browser, in order for it to launch some other application, although I would imagine there would be strict limitations to how big it could be.

Reactions: Margen67

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
So you want to be able to do something like the web browser, where you can open it up, look search for codes or whatever, and then close it to return to your game? Hmm... (I have very little knowledge about the 3DS' inner workings, but) I would imagine there's some RAM/CPU power dedicated to the system, with free enough space for the web browser, in order for it to run alongside a game. It might be theoretically possible to gut one of the system apps, like the web browser, in order for it to launch some other application, although I would imagine there would be strict limitations to how big it could be.

That much I understand, thanks anyway.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I could use ctrulib and set __apt_servicestr to "APT:S" before opening a season if I have the service, presumably after using the service patching stuff. Now I need to see if I can patch the code that gets loaded before it launches, or reimplement some of the app launching stuff with some kernel hax.

Does this sound like a good place to start?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water