Hacking Launch GBA from BagPlug Favorites

opeth2112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banging my head against a wall trying to configure this - not sure if it is possible.

I have a M3 DSReal GBA Expansion, and the DSTwo. I can run GBA games fine by running GBA Exploader on it's own. But I'm trying to set it up to run from the gba.arg file, and add a GBA game to my favorites, so I can just start it from there instead of running GBA Exploader and searching for the game. As my current setup stands - when I select the GBA game from my favorites, it will run GBA Exploader, but doesn't just continue with the game. It essentially acts like a shortcut to Exploader.

BTW - I CAN run NES games from Favorites with icon support and boxart, so have been using that as an example to try GBA Exploader.

My main questions are :

1. Has anyone accomplished this and if so, can you share your setup files.
2. If not - Does anyone know specifically how GBA Exploader loads files so I could play around with the arguments in the gba.arg file.
3. If it does work, has anyone been able to add icon and/or boxart support in favorites as well?

My current setup :

Directory:
/-
Emulators/ExpLoader.nds
Emulators/ExpLoader.ini
GBA : roms
GBA_SAVE : saves
GBA_SIGN : sgn

gba.arg :
GBA Exploder:
"/Emulators/ExpLoader.nds"//file path
[$PRGMPATH$,$FILEPATH$]//arguments are separated by commas
;

ExpLoader.ini :
#
# GBA_ExpLoader.ini
#

SaveDir /GBA_SAVE
SignDir /GBA_SIGN
#No_MultiSave ! No Multi Save

opeth2112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird - I had another version of that file, but this one worked. Thanks for the link! I think I figured out the box art, now to get the icon changed and I should be good to go!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."