Launch dates for Pokémon titles 'Brilliant Diamond', 'Shining Pearl' and 'Legends: Arceus' revealed

Pokemon_Logo.jpg

The upcoming installments to the Pokémon video games series now have release dates! While the remakes Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl and the new title Pokémon Legends: Arceus were announced earlier this year for the Nintendo Switch, no release window was provided until today via two official tweets.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, which are remakes of Nintendo DS titles from 2006, will launch on November 19th:

Pokémon Legends: Arceus
, which sees the Pokémon series take a rather new direction by merging action and RPG elements will launch on January 28th.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am getting it.
PKMN D/P/Pl is my favorite generation.
WiFi trades and battles (with mic-speak) was an awesome feature.
Would use it like a phone to chat with friends back in the day.
Really hope they up the communication in this release.
Sw/Sh was a bit too complicated to connect with friends (trade/battle).
Be on the look out for an updated Friend-Code topic during release month.

Reactions: zxr750j

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wont be buying shining diamond/brilliant pearl because i can play it on the ds plus the original games pixel art looks nice then the models in the trailer
legends im hesitant becuase i am saving up for splatoon 3 and botw 2

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been excited for a Pokémon release since the 3ds titles. One thing that's for sure is the Pokémon shills will buy what ever putrid shit that comes out of the franchises engorged bloody asshole no matter the quality

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
not everyone is in to competitive pokemon breeding and battling
The main quest was always just an excuse to kill a bunch of hours until you had all the areas open to catch as many pokemon as you can and start trading and building a decent team for PvP... if you only care about the story you'll be forever dissapointed with pokemon

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main quest was always just an excuse to kill a bunch of hours until you had all the areas open to catch as many pokemon as you can and start trading and building a decent team for PvP... if you only care about the story you'll be forever dissapointed with pokemon
And that's why I haven't played a new pokemon game in so many years. I just have less incentive to because of that. :ninja:

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never liked Sinnoh so hopefully these remakes will end up changing my mind. The QoL changes alone will make the game playable. Interesting to see a mainline game that (for once) isn't developed by GameFreak

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They released one single trailer for BDSP. How is it a port? Are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire also ports? What's wrong with introducing a new generation of gamers older titles?
Whats wrong with whats that...... porting more old games, heres a logical idea, make something new, we dont need to pay £200+ for a new console and full whack for an old game we already own, or can buy cheaper if "you havent" had chance to play it first time round.

You do know your term "new generation" means nothing, gamers arent all of a sudden a gamer as a new console comes out, you do know they are highly likely to already own consoles before the switch and able to get this game.

Fact still remains its yet again another old title ported.

Why buy a new console to play what you already own or can buy for less.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not 100% on board with the Gen 4 remakes, I am excited they're coming out. I am really worried that this is all so soon, though, with how rushed Sword and Shield was, and still feels when I play with friends. I just hope they actually have a handle on things this time, and aren't just pushing it out for this year's holiday season.. I won't preorder it, but I'd buy it if it ended up being good (Hopefully there's a demo like there was with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)

Legends, on the other hand, I'm deeply excited for. I do hope it's more polished than how it looked in the trailer by the time it releases, and I'm really debating preordering it.. I'm just so sketched out from Sword and Shield's release that it's hard for me to trust them with the project, I might just wait to try it, too.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm also looking forward to those three games.

Diamond and Pearl were the first version I bought on release day as a kid, so it holds a special place in my heart and I'm remembering fondly my journey alongside my Turtwig.
Even if I think a little more polish could have been applied to the visuals, I'll be pretty happy to buy both of them to play those with my girlfriend (who isn't very familiar with Pokémon due to the games never were translated in her language, but she still likes the design of the creatures).

For Pokémon Legends: Arceus, I'm assuming that it will run better on that Switch Pro everybody is running crazy about. It will be one of those games that are "optimized for New Nintendo Switch" like we had for the New 3DS (remember Smash Bros. 3DS?).

It's been a long time since I've began to think that GameFreaks is a company that always struggled optimizing their video games' codes. Satoru Iwata had to step in during the development of the first versions to help them fit the music inside the game, and recent turns of events has shown that it's still an issue for them (open areas in Sword and Shield are crying for help).
Despite that point, finally a Pokémon game stepping into the right direction is thrilling and I can't wait to see more news about it and what will be made out of it (Legends being plural :toot:).

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The second one still looks like garbage, thanks to taking after a certain Legend of Zelda game that tried to ape The Wind Waker's gorgeous cell-shading by adding a painterly-style but failed miserably.
Initial impressions for Legends are rock-bottom.

As for BDSP (...which is one letter away from BDSM...closer than USUM/USM, whichever abbreviation you prefer for the last 3DS games...weird), the chibi look is fine to me, I'm just annoyed it's not a Platinum remake. Unless it's somehow copying the now-ancient HGSS, being mostly a remake of the original two games but adding in pretty much all the additions the third game brought in...?
Hopefully that's the deal; DP remake with the Distortion World and Battle Frontier retrofitted in, alongside all 809+ Pokémon and moves and stuff.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And that's why I haven't played a new pokemon game in so many years. I just have less incentive to because of that. :ninja:

To be honest i dropped pokemon after playing gen 3 because the following ones felt like they made a remake of the earlier gens, replacing geodude with boldore, and zubat with woobat, to name a few examples. I was like 17 by then and felt like replaying gen1-3 instead of trying the new ones.
I did get to play them like a decade later and to be honest i don't think i missed that much. I did enjoy sun and moon (unlike most people) because it's a very nice translation to 3D, it dares try something different (no more HMs, no more Gyms) and it's got cutscenes and a very colorful setting. You could say it reignited my love for pokemon after nearly 15 years

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My PS3 lives inside my PC via emulation