Launch dates for Pokémon titles 'Brilliant Diamond', 'Shining Pearl' and 'Legends: Arceus' revealed

Pokemon_Logo.jpg

The upcoming installments to the Pokémon video games series now have release dates! While the remakes Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl and the new title Pokémon Legends: Arceus were announced earlier this year for the Nintendo Switch, no release window was provided until today via two official tweets.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, which are remakes of Nintendo DS titles from 2006, will launch on November 19th:

Pokémon Legends: Arceus
, which sees the Pokémon series take a rather new direction by merging action and RPG elements will launch on January 28th.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here we see more nintendo porting, bad enough that pokemon is the same rycled thing milking the same game locking pokemon out making 2 versions when you can obtain them all in one version

Reactions: CallmeBerto

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah.. there is no way in hell they fix the outlines for the models for DP remakes, and I'm pretty sure framerate will be absolute shit for the Arceus one still.

Please GF, please stop being so shit.
Please understand they are a small indie company.

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
They didn't even bother releasing a new trailer to announce the release date. Hell the only thing they changed on the website is that we can now pre-order the game. They are really banking on people just buying the game because it has the brand "Pokémon" on it. It all just seems very lazy.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the new art style and am looking forward to each of these titles.

We seem to be in the vocal minority...

I just hope we get a Switch Pro before Legends comes out. I love the Switch, but even in the "promo" trailer, it's clearly struggling to run.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
We seem to be in the vocal minority...

I just hope we get a Switch Pro before Legends comes out. I love the Switch, but even in the "promo" trailer, it's clearly struggling to run.

You aren't, that "we're the minority :((" is such a bad take. Most of us shitting on these games wish we'd get something much better. You yourself are saying "it's clearly struggling", then why do you want it? You just comfort yourself with whatever GF throws at you, just like most of the playerbase.
I'd LOVE to get these games at their full potential, but it won't happen. No Pokemon game will ever be good enough as long as GF is in charge, since they clearly don't care enough to give their 100%, or even their 50% for that case. We aren't meanies and baddies for wanting and expecting something so much better from literally the biggest franchise in the world.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You aren't, that "we're the minority :((" is such a bad take. Most of us shitting on these games wish we'd get something much better. You yourself are saying "it's clearly struggling", then why do you want it? You just comfort yourself with whatever GF throws at you, just like most of the playerbase.
I'd LOVE to get these games at their full potential, but it won't happen. No Pokemon game will ever be good enough as long as GF is in charge, since they clearly don't care enough to give their 100%, or even their 50% for that case. We aren't meanies and baddies for wanting and expecting something so much better from literally the biggest franchise in the world.
preety sure mario and gta are bigger franchises than pokemon xD

well gamefreak made pokemon what it is today so saying they dont care is also dumb imo, they were acostumed to make simple sprite games for alot of years so of course they are struggling on full 3d pokemon games because they went from 3ds limitations to switch in one go and they werent ready for it, i bet by the time switch 2 comes along they will have more experience with full 3d open world gaming.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
preety sure mario and gta are bigger franchises than pokemon xD

well gamefreak made pokemon what it is today so saying they dont care is also dumb imo, they were acostumed to make simple sprite games for alot of years so of course they are struggling on full 3d pokemon games because they went from 3ds limitations to switch in one go and they werent ready for it, i bet by the time switch 2 comes along they will have more experience with full 3d open world gaming.

Pretty sure they're not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
That excuse is super weak. Pokemon has been this gigantic machine for +20 years. It's time to stop making excuses for them. We deserve better. They need to do better. Or not, they can continue being this big oiled machine of releasing half baked stuff that will sell millions more than the previous version since critical thinking is bad.

D

Deleted User

The one thing I never understood from Game Freak was the switch to 3D Graphics.

Was there a Poll taken of the Fanbase because, as far as I can see from all the Titles I've played, their best works are in the 2D realm; those 2.5D Games on the NDS were also good but that's mostly because they still employed 2D Art.

I don't believe Latest Generation necessarily means 3D, especially if the 2D iterations were done much better.
Pokémon was never going to be an Open World Game, not with Nintendo's hardware choices of late anyway.

I may be the minority but I don't feel I'd miss anything if the Games were presented in 2D with Background Art that gave the illusion of an Open World.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legends looks cool from a concept perspective but is just visually ugly. Gamefreak really needs to just allow more third party developers to play with their franchise and they might even have more passion that what Gamefreak is putting out.

The whole "a long time ago" gig is just an excuse for their empty world that they couldn't optimise from a switch.

Last edited by GoldenBullet,
D

Deleted User

We can also just wait a few years so we can have something exceptional on our hands. Oh well

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only 2 months and a week inbetween the games? that really worries me bout BD/SP being a 1:1 clone of d/p no megas no expanded national dex(at least give us access to all our mon in pokemon home post game i wish to break out Ash-greninja for online battles damn it), if arceus sucks they shouldchange Game freak into Game fuck up, cant deal with another sw/sh fiasco

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: felix.200

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I simply like the way the games look and am looking forward to it, as I said. I didn't get upset at others for criticizing it, nor am I disillusioned with the obvious framerate issues Legends has, as I've stated.

jomaper said:
You yourself are saying "it's clearly struggling", then why do you want it? You just comfort yourself with whatever GF throws at you, just like most of the playerbase.

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't jump to conclusions, place me in groups, or put both words and feelings in my mouth. I don't know how you extracted those opinions from my post, but they couldn't be further from the truth. I've had issues with the Pokemon series ever since the introduction of Mega Pokemon, but that doesn't mean I'll stop playing the series. It's not "comforting", it's "this is what the product is", take it or leave it, like literally every other product under the sun.

Why do I want it? Because the games are fun and I do?

jomaper said:
We aren't meanies and baddies for wanting and expecting something so much better from literally the biggest franchise in the world

I've reread my post multiple times, and can't see where I said you, or anyone else for that matter, were "meanies" or "baddies" for anything, let alone for wanting more out of Pokemon. "Vocal Minority" is just that - Scarlet and I are part of the group of people who are looking forward to the game and like the way it looks and voiced that opinion; it just happens to be the apparent "vocal" minority. How you took that as "You're baddies for wanting more" is beyond me. Rest assured, I don't think anyone who's criticizing it is in the wrong, but I do think it's wild to go on the offense for something that seems to be a misunderstanding.

Dunno why you bothered quoting me and took such an aggressive stance on my base opinion, but you do you.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm only mildly interested in Arceus because they're at least trying to change things up and give fans what they want with that one. Performance and draw distance look rough though, as others have noted.

If this trend of two to three Pokemon titles a year and barely anything else for Switch keeps up, I'm definitely gonna be glad I crossed over to the dark (hacked) side.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never liked Sinnoh so hopefully these remakes will end up changing my mind. The QoL changes alone will make the game playable. Interesting to see a mainline game that (for once) isn't developed by GameFreak

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So here we see more nintendo porting, bad enough that pokemon is the same rycled thing milking the same game locking pokemon out making 2 versions when you can obtain them all in one version
They released one single trailer for BDSP. How is it a port? Are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire also ports? What's wrong with introducing a new generation of gamers older titles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1