Launch dates for Pokémon titles 'Brilliant Diamond', 'Shining Pearl' and 'Legends: Arceus' revealed

Pokemon_Logo.jpg

The upcoming installments to the Pokémon video games series now have release dates! While the remakes Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl and the new title Pokémon Legends: Arceus were announced earlier this year for the Nintendo Switch, no release window was provided until today via two official tweets.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl, which are remakes of Nintendo DS titles from 2006, will launch on November 19th:

Pokémon Legends: Arceus
, which sees the Pokémon series take a rather new direction by merging action and RPG elements will launch on January 28th.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Legends' box art looks nice. A little worrying that it's releasing so early, considering from the trailer they've shown it runs like crap.
Probably gonna be another rushed job.
Also, with how bad the open area in SwSh was, I don't expect much from this.

DP remakes' box art basically confirms no new forms for the legends. I do hope at least it has more content than base DP...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never actually played generation 4 pokemon. I got a bit bored after the third generation. I hope it's better since you can play online, makes trading pokemon more approachable. I think the main problem with pokemon games is how boring the main story gameplay is. There is less variety and the only drive for most people to play is just collecting badges and defeating elite four. (No, not everyone is in to competitive pokemon breeding and battling) I mean least throw in some resident evil style puzzles or rewards for stuff like challenges or super bosses. :unsure:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Never actually played generation 4 pokemon. I got a bit bored after the third generation. I hope it's better since you can play online, makes trading pokemon more approachable. I think the main problem with pokemon games is how boring the main story gameplay is. There is less variety and the only drive for most people to play is just collecting badges and defeating elite four. (No, not everyone is in to competitive pokemon breeding and battling) I mean least throw in some resident evil style puzzles or rewards for stuff like challenges or super bosses. :unsure:
you could trade and battle online on gen 4 that was the entire thing that was new in gen 4 lol, also the main story cant be played online on any pokemon game so i hope you understand when saying you can play "online" its basically just battle and trading, there is no wild areas in dp and their aren't even using that type of engine.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could trade and battle online on gen 4 that was the entire thing that was new in gen 4 lol, also the main story cant be played online on any pokemon game so i hope you understand when saying you can play "online" its basically just battle and trading, there is no wild areas in dp and their aren't even using that type of engine.
Yes, I know online means trade and battle. I know it was originally that way on Nintendo DS. But what I mean is the main story seems repetitive most of the time. Sure the story itself is different, there new characters, places and scenarios. But the main goal ends up being collecting badges and defeating elite four. (And completing the pokedex)

Most people would probably not care to complete pokedex, so I'm not even going to talk about that. Though I don't know much about generation 4 honestly never played it. Previous games do not have much to do after defeating elite four. Sure in generation 2 you travel to kanto and beat those gyms, get their badges and elite four (repetitive) the third one had battle tower I think. I just think there should be more to do. That's what I just felt got boring after playing a few of the games. It's kinda short for a RPG in my opinion. Or I should say, the incentive to play it as a "Single player" game is short lived, compared to other RPG I know.:ph34r:

Reactions: Patxinco
D

Deleted User

I hope this is the start of the end for Dynamax Evolutions.
I enjoyed how even in Pokémon Journeys the 4th Wall was broken by stating that Mega Evolution in that Series is just lazy Fan Service .

I couldn't force myself to get on the Dynamax bandwagon and I do hope it doesn't bleed over to these Remakes and new Title.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good to know that regardless of the end quality of the final product, Nintendo does intend to hit the ground running at the start of next year. I can't remember the last January they released a big high profile game of their own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended