Launch 360 with 3 RROD, non-repairable?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by misticknight, Jul 14, 2012.

1. misticknight
    OP

misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 4, 2004
    Just wanted to ask, i contacted a few repair shops near my area and all of them basically said the same thing, since its a launch 360 and its has the 3 rrod its either not fixable at all, or very very hard to fix and may not work and im better off just buying a new one. i dont think they'd have a reason to lie cause it'd just money loss for them, but just incase they're misinformed, is that true about the console, should i just buy a new one? i did try fixing it myself to save money a while back, with a repair kit i bought from ebay, followed the instructions to a t and it didnt work but its the first time ive ever done something like that, ive never even put my own PC together so i guess i still done something wrong. just wanted to make the topic before i make the decision of buying a new one and throwing this one away or selling for parts i guess. thanks :)

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Either get a new one or get it reballed if you really want to.

It's not worth fixing a Xenon.

3. misticknight
    OP

misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 4, 2004
    okay thanks, just wanted to make sure they weren't giving me bad info for whatever reason. ill just get a new one, they're pretty cheap these days.

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    It's the best to do indeed.

Xenons are only good to get non banned Keyvaults off off with the RGH (if it's glitching the Xenon lol)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice