Latest way to backup Wii games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tranquil, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Tranquil
    OP

Tranquil GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2008
    United States
    I mean actually creating a backup of a game you have bought. Would just putting the game in my computer and copying onto a blank DVD work or is there more to it? Help appreciated, thanks.

2. Davedom

Davedom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    The "newest" method out is the USB loader so that you simply have one drive with all your games

if you download the homebrew app/channel in the channel you can "install" the game to a harddrive

Though you can still backup to your computer if you lik

3. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    To get a proper clean ISO, use waninkoko's dvd dumper. it's a wii application that will create an iso from a disc. it can write the iso to sd or transfer it to your computer over wifi

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    You can do that, but it's far faster to dump them to an external HDD with the USB Loader and then use a tool to extract the ISO from the WBFS partition. Depending on the game it takes anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour that way.

5. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    yeah but due to the nature of the wbfs system, it won't be a real clean iso then I believe.

6. troa11

troa11 Older Than You

Apr 11, 2006
    United States
    It also has a very high probability of becoming corrupted in the process. Best to stick to wanin's dumper

7. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Or to actually play with your legit copy and treat it well so no scratches or damage is done, duh..!! [​IMG]