Latest Version Of PS3HEN?

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Iirc 4.89.1 came out recently so you'll need to be on this version, also don't remember to disable syscalls and remove history using appropriate homebrew when you want to connect to the PSN

Last edited by Eveldee,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just upgrade if you want, or stay on that version.

Alternatively, you could install full CFW on your PS3 (if it's compatible) although HFW is pretty nice and unlocks after one click.

I now have 5 PS3s (1x 60GB, 2x40GB, 2x160GB) and a ton of DS3 controllers, still, I don't own a Top Loader model for a low price (don't feel like spending too much on a budget model). I thought I'd sell 'em then I started installing HEN on them and kept it.

Deleted member 596797

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, just upgrade if you want, or stay on that version.

Alternatively, you could install full CFW on your PS3 (if it's compatible) although HFW is pretty nice and unlocks after one click.

I now have 5 PS3s (1x 60GB, 2x40GB, 2x160GB) and a ton of DS3 controllers, still, I don't own a Top Loader model for a low price (don't feel like spending too much on a budget model). I thought I'd sell 'em then I started installing HEN on them and kept it.

Wish He Did A Tutorial For The Latest HEN And PS3 Firmware.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my PS3 80GB (actually has 750GB now) with HEN and it vastly improves the experience, although I've decided I'm going to upgrade it to CFW. Just need to make a backup of everything I want and then factory reset and install the OFW. Afterwards, the CFW process begins.

HEN is great for PS3s non-compat with CFW.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Having a similar issue. Tried using the auto installer but that didn't seem to work, so I used the alternate installer, which worked, but now when I launch HEN, it says it's enabled but then gives a message "The HEN available is D.O.A" then downloads and tries to run latest_hen_installer_signed.pkg and then gives a failure message. HEN seems to be loaded fine and all homebrew works, but I'm a little annoyed, as it does this whenever I run HEN. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Perhaps this is normal behavior when auto update of HEN is enabled. I ended up disabling the auto update feature for HEN in the Hybrid Firmware Tools.

Last edited by RchUncleSkeleton,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass