Latest PS3 firmware update brings the bans for Black Ops hacks

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Terminator02, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Terminator02
    OP

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    [​IMG]
    Dirty, dirty Black Ops cheaters that downloaded the new PS3 firmware, update 3.56, are finding out exactly what Sony meant when it said the patch would help bolster "security." A grip of consoles have been permanently banned from Black Ops multiplayer servers for hacking or cheating after their users installed the new firmware -- though some of the outspoken among the banned are contesting the presumption that they are cheaters on the game's official forums. (Which is like, the first thing you'd do if you were a dirty, dirty cheater.)

In a seemingly cooperative attack executed by two mortal enemies, firmware 3.56 joins last week's mandatory Xbox Live update, which also stopped pirated and modded copies of Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 in their tracks. Is Activision's cash cow so powerful that the publisher can request its own console updates at will? If that's the case, Activision: Would you please, please ask Sony to add cross-game chat?[/p]
    [​IMG] Source (Joystiq)

2. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    so it begins .

3. Thoob

Thoob LOLmonade.

May 28, 2009
    Scotland
    So, this only affects people that hacked/cheated on Black Ops, right? Or is it anyone that has CFW? Because I would think they would be banned from PSN, not just from Black Ops. [​IMG]

4. Terminator02
    OP

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    i wish i knew

5. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    And hopefully continues. Hat's off, but I was under the impression it was Treyarch who were banning folks from their servers, not Sony. [​IMG]

6. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    yes, its quite clear, treyarchs doing here, but call of duty is the MOST affected game when it comes to piracy/cheating, so this is great

i wish the same can be said for MW2 - shows how fucking stupid infinity ward are for blaming sony, heyya look at treyarch what they did - fucking learn from them, i still think i have the right to play the game that i bought for 60$ and still have fun.

i dnt have much of the problem with the piracy/online - as long as they dnt ruin the game for others its fine with me since i know they're taking a great risk to be even online

@Thoob: yes only Black Ops piratees and cheaters

7. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    This is only happening to cheaters, regardless of whether they was using custom firmware or not it seems.

8. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Does the update also fix MW2? My brother in law had given on up on MW2 due to cheaters, so I thought I'd yext him the news.

9. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    I can already taste the butthurt. And it is delicious. Cheaters get what they deserve this time. Awesome.

10. cwstjdenobs

cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

Mar 10, 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Great fucking news. Can't stand cheats, though off line it doesn't affect me so don't care too much.

11. Yuan

Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 1, 2007
    Brazil
    I really don't understand why do people cheat online...

12. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    Most do it to annoy people while others do it cause they want to be on the leader board...people will always cheat online its just how it is,hell I remember back in my quake days people would use bots to play online and when you called them out on it they bitch...

13. qlum

qlum Posting when needed

Sep 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Pirate Homeworld
    it seems that people on 3.55 with the dns bypass can also be banned so it isn't the firmware update that caused it.
    source:http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?p=162340
    not the most reliable source a forum post but still

14. johncenafan427

johncenafan427 GBAtemp Fan

May 11, 2010
    United States
    Troy, Michigan
    i can't understand cheating.
    how do you feel accomplished by cheating?
    i play honestly.

15. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    they do it mainly to piss off other people