Latest Post not taking you to the latest post?

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else running into this? Maybe half the time I click on a link from Latest Discussions on the frontpage or Latest Post throughout the forums it takes me to a random spot in the thread.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Been like that since I got here.
Let's hope the forum upgrade solves that.
wink.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that it remembers in the cookies or something what the last new post you viewed was, then takes you to the newest post since the last time you viewed the thread.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The latest posts on the front page is supposed to take you to the last post in the topic.

These icons:
newpost.gif
take you to the last unread post. (You can still go to the last post by clicking "last post" on the far right of the topic row).

It's working like it should here.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never clicked the blue arrow icon before... Didn't even know it served a purpose
tongue.gif

Maybe it has to do with the fact that I don't save any cookies from visit to visit like Nathan Drake suggested. But if that's the case, it should have started a long time ago rather than within the past week.

and it doesn't consistently do it. 50/50-ish

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, I've never run into this. You said it's only been happening for about a week...any changes in your internet habits since then other than the removal of cookies?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's talking about when you are viewing the board and click on the last post, which is when you click on the topic name all the way on the right
last%20post.JPG

it seems to take you to a random post in there, for example, from what i just snapshotted, i clicked it and it took me to some post on page 94 instead of AlanJohn's post on page 100

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Clicking the title takes you to the latest unread post. Clicking that little blue box next to the word "Today" takes you to the latest post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1